Chapter 1; Stalker Ex

Start from the beginning

"Well, if we're taking away formalities, just call me Kendra." I smiled, "I'll be back on Monday to make sure you're ready to go home. A  nurse will be in here every six hours or so. See you soon Jennifer."

"Thank you Kendra."

"Thank you Dr Wilson." Mr Devin spoke.

I gave him a little smile and was escorted out by bodyguard number one.

I walked out of the room and released a breath I knew I was holding. Yep! Definitely not thinking cliché.

This family was a big deal in New York. While the Mrs was a famous actress, the Mr was an automobile business tycoon originally from the Philippines.

The VIP section was highly private, hence the empty corridors.

As I approached the restroom I used before, I knew I had to make a decision.

I was definitely not going to the ground floor again and neither was I using any elevators. But damn! I did need to get to my office.

In the distance I heard the distinct rush of paparazzi and the clicking of cameras.

Before I could check it out, I was slammed by something hard and pushed into the restroom.

Things happened so fast, I only heard the click of the door indicating it'd been shut properly.

Taking in much needed air, I scanned my surroundings and was met with the back of a man.

From my angle, he looked well built shown by the way his white tee clung to him like a second skin outlining his muscles.

His brown hair looked disheveled as though he had been running his hands through them.

Reality of the situation settled in halting all plans of ogling him. I was in a locked restroom, with a stranger.

I screamed.

"Who are you and what the hell is wrong with... Mmph" strong hands clamped my mouth shut before I could finish yelling that sentence.

"Please don't scream. Please. I mean no harm. I just need help." he whispered and gosh did his voice have an effect on my knees.

Now that I could see his front, grey eyes stared back at me. His face was a masterpiece, well-defined jaw as sharp as a chef's knife and gosh his lips were a whole other story. My, my, God sure was in a good mood when creating this one.

He looked oddly familiar but I didn't know why though.

I nodded.

" You won't scream?" His voice pierced right through me.

I nodded yet again.

"You promise?"

"Mmhm" came my muffled voice.

"Okay."

He let go.

Uncertainty swam in his eyes as he debated whether to trust me or not.

I wanted to ask him so many questions but before I could, he spoke.

"Look, I'm in a rough situation and I can't be seen. I need your help in anyway so I can leave this hospital."

Well that didn't sound suspicious at all - cue the sarcasm!

He didn't look like a patient, neither did he have the characteristic eye bags and stubble most caregivers had. He looked like more of a one-time visitor.

"Let me guess, a stalker ex?" I voiced before thinking.

"What?"

"Well you look like you're running from someone. And you don't give off the vibes of someone easily intimidated, so I'm gonna roll with a stalker ex girlfriend. It's just my opinion." I explained