4 - Where's Jimin?

Start from the beginning

     "Wingardium Leviosa," You cited sharply. The food rose up from the plate and above Jungkook. Then, you stopped casting the spell, causing the food to land on Jungkook's head. Jin started bursting with laughter as Jungkook stared at his messy robes, trying to get rid of the food.

     "Ten points from Gryffindor." You heard a cold and snarky voice from behind you, and as soon as you heard it the three of you froze. You turned behind you to see Professor Snape, glaring down at you in his usual black robes.

     "S-sorry, Professor Snape," You uttered, "It wont happen again."

     "It better not." He responded, his voice sending chills down your spine. Then he turned once again, and walked out of the dining hall. You, Jin, and Jungkook all shivered at Snape's departure.

     "That was terrifying," Jin spoke, "I can't wait until he gets that stick up his ass removed." You kicked Jin from under the table and he winced.

     "Do you really want to have to serve detention with Snape of all the professors?" You questioned.

     "He left, I doubt he heard what I said."

     "You never know," Jungkook interjected, "Snape has eyes and ears everywhere."

-

     As evening came and you were finished with your classes you wandered around the courtyard, with your black cat calmly perched on your shoulder. You still hadn't seen or heard from Jimin, so you were beginning to grow nervous.

     You continuously glanced around, hoping to see your friend. It made you look a bit insane to the other students, but you didn't mind, seeing as you already were considered insane by your peers.

     As the night drew nearer you found yourself on the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest. Which was odd, seeing as you had no intentions of heading there. Nova now walked beside you, cowering behind your legs from the dark, unkown of the forest. You were worried that she'd run off and get lost by herself, but for a cat Nova was very loyal to you. You had a mutual bond with your cat, seeing as she was there for you when even Jimin couldn't be. Most people don't like cats because of their lack of empathy for humans, but Nova wasn't like that. Which made her an easy cat to take care of since she would always listen and was very well behaved.

     After getting lost in your thoughts, you realized you subconsciously ventured deeper into the forest, Nova still at your side. You looked around but didn't recognize this area of the forest, since you only came to the forest once to serve detention in your first year, and it was currently much more foggy than it was then.

     Your feet started taking you further into the forest again, you didn't know why, you just had a hunch. While you wandered through the fog with Nova she scampered ahead of you.

     "Wait! Nova, come back! It's not safe!" You called after her, then you heard your cat start to cry in a chorus of meows and you quickly ran to catch up with her.

     "Nova?" You called to her as you could begin make out her small figure sitting in front of a furry, lifeless lump.

     You froze, not wanting to take a step forward, fearing what you would discover if you dared to continue on. Your senses stopped, you felt cold. You could only hear the pounding of your heart and a ringing in your ears.

     Despite all of that, you slowly took another step, and another, until you finally managed to see why your cat had been crying.

     Nova sat in front of a lifeless calico cat, Jimin's cat, who he loved to death. Is that why Jimin had been missing? Did he find Chippie here? But why would he have been out here in the first place? And why didn't he stay with Chippie, or try to bring her back with him?

     You feared the worst, thinking that something could have happened to Jimin.

♤♧♤♧♤

Hello!

I'm very, very, very sorry for the immense lack of updates! I've been very overwhelmed recently, but I'm so sorry.

Beginning today I will try to update this story every other day to make up for the lack of updates.

Also, really sorry for the cliffhanger too, but I wanted extra material for future chapters instead of piling it all into one huge chapter.

Also, Chippie's name kind of took away the sentiment of the scene, so it was kind of awkward to write...

Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed and thank you so much to those of you being patient, it is much appreciated!