Abir walked away from his mom while her mouth gaped open. She did not know of any plan that could mend this relationship. She was helpless. A tear fell from her eye, which she brushed away and proceeded to work. 

Neeti, a co-worker, was in the canteen where Abir came to have his green tea. He had given up coffee or regular tea as every sip was not only bitter, but brought bitter memories from his past. He grabbed his tea and walked to the window to stare at the oblivion. 

"Sir, I am just curious. Kunal sir never came out of his cabin. He always had it sent to him. Why are you not doing the same?"

Abir laughed and replied, "Neeti, he is used to working in four walls for quiet some time, so he probably does not feel suffocated. But I never worked like that. I guess even I worked within four walls but even my four walls had so much light and scenery and fresh air. This is suffocating to me, you know?"

"Sir, no offence, but your work itself seems suffocating to you. I do not think it is your cabin. Plus if it so suffocating, then why do this?"

"Sometimes you got to do what you have gotta to do Neeti, and now I have got to support my brother."

"I used to hear about your NGO and exhibitions. Sucks to have come from there to here. I still think you should paint though. Maybe we can hang your paintings as the office decor"

Abir could not help but appreciate her insight. He was quiet  amazed by how she kind of figured out certain things without it being said. He could not tell her that he does not paint anymore, so he just agreed. 

The thought of paintings did not leave his mind. It reminded him of how she would always look up to his painting and how she was the only one in his life to appreciate him. The memory of her jumping around to get hold of the centre piece was still vivid in his head. He decided it would not hurt so much to maybe use some of his paintings in the office which was quiet bland for his taste. He decided use some of his old paintings. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kunal was waiting in front of Maheshwari household to pick up Kuhu. Kuhu wanted to see her family once before Mishti came. Not that she was jealous of the attention they would give her, that was months back, but to make sure all of them would react properly and not bring back bad thoughts in her head. Mainly, this applied to Jasmeet.

Kunal and Kuhu had decided to give their relationship a try, like she had asked, and in these three months a small friendship similar to their initial days blossomed. They supported each other in hard times and grew to understand each other more. They had not done anything romantic as such, but both were glad that they could live in the same house together. It was better than breaking their families hearts. They probably decided to let it be so for as long as possible.

Kuhu got in and shut the door, as she opened her mouth to say something, Kunal used his hand and closed it. 

"No bakwaas today. Please. I am very stressed because of work and do not know what to do. On top of that, if you complain about how the AC in the car is bad or how my suit does not match my tie and you have problems with my dressing sense I will only cry."

Kuhu removed his hand and screamed at him.

"Idiot! I have something more important to tell you. I wanted to tell you for a while but I  did not gather the courage to and neither did I know how to. Also, I was scared you might do something so I shut up, but I guess I cannot hide it anymore.

Kunal was shocked. Not only Kuhu, but even he did not know how to act. They had a good friendship but he felt nothing more than that, at least according to him. He began sweating.

"Look Kuhu, I really don't know what to tell but .."

"Wait what do you think I am going to tell you."

"That you like me right. See, ever since that night of my bachelors party, I started watching more rom-coms, so I kind of know what you are going to say and all..."

"Shut up right there Mr. Know it all. First of all, I think it is a known fact that I like you and I do not care about that anymore though. Second, I was not talking about me liking you at all. Third, maybe reduce the rom-coms you are watching. And Fourth, Mishti is coming back from London."

"What the fuck? Oh my god! What am I going to do? How is bhai going to take this? What will bhai do? Oh no! This is why, you shutting up is wonder to me. Always bringing in bad news"

"Maybe I should have not told you anything and let you be unprepared so that you can make a fool of yourself. But listen, I know you are not worried about work. I know your actual stress is your brother's condition. Which is why I wanted you to be prepared."

"It took a lot to get bhai here. If she comes back, I am scared he will relapse."

"I know and understand your fears. It is your brother and your decision, but whatever decision you take, I will support you."

"Thank you", Kunal thanked with a smile and they rode back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------