XX | Fragments Of Liabilities

Start from the beginning

"Dance of the Sun God: Burning Sun!"

The fight continued. Tanjiro forgot to breathe therefore collapsed as Nezuko took over. Her ability as a demon progressed excessively despite having not feasted a human before. She was able to beat down Daki before losing control. Tanjiro stopped her.

"Please fight it Nezuko! Endure it!" Tanjiro yelled, struggling under the incredible strength of Nezuko, "Ne... Zu... Ko! Go to sleep!"

"Nezuko, Sweetie, calm down for your brother..." A gentle voice took over, it stood out over the noises the sibling made.

Nezuko stared into Mashiro's eyes. Her eyes similar to the sun managed to calm Nezuko down a little. Her eyes slightly softened as she reminded by the same gentleness from her mother.

"Tanjiro is here with you- He won't leave you. Ever. So don't hurt anyone else, please." Nezuko was compelled by Mashiro's eyes, still thrashing but calming down nonetheless.

"Mashiro...!" Tanjiro held back a sob at Mashiro's appearance at the battle. Her presence alone was enough for Tanjiro to calm down significantly, but not fully. Daki was still alive.

"You two are so brave... I apologise for my late appearance. Fighting in my previous outfit would restrain my movements... And my sword was misplaced to a travelling merchant so that took longer to get." Mashiro stood up, staring down at Daki who appeared a few seconds earlier, "All of you evacuate, please. And Tanjiro?" Tanjiro flinched slightly but looked at her, "Remind her of her human life. Her past. Her family. Read her a story maybe? Or a memorable memory? Or a song?..."

During the stare-down, Daki's hands trembled. The sight of Mashiro's unparalleled beauty made Daki grit her sharp teeth. It was hard for the Upper Moon to admit that the Hashira was even more prettier than her. This angered Daki the most but also excited her.

Oh she couldn't wait to kill her...

But there was something unusual about this Hashira. Her eyes caught Daki's attention. The glare in Mashiro's eyes frightened her. Daki was still regenerating as she slowly held her hand up to her right eye, similar as to earlier with Tanjiro- Memories began to flood her the second time; This time, a dark figure of a woman was before her, holding a sword which usually posed as a threat but not with the gentleness in her burning yellow eyes and the kind smile etched on her face.

Then the voice of that woman and Mashiro began to mix as they spoke of these words,

"You took lives, yes... But did you ever consider that even with bad intentions, everyone struggles? Not everyone's lives is the same, that is cruel but very beautiful." The smiles on their faces was still kept, "Even if I am angry, I still pity you all. I can't forgive you for killing and I can't forget that, but I am begging you to reflect on yourself... Don't you want to see everyone again?"

Daki growled as she snapped out of her trance. Their words were impactful and strangely warmed her heart.

"I hate you all." Mashiro told her, "I hate you all enough for you to never receive any more ease or care. For you to forever live alone where no one loves you. But..." Before Daki could blink, she was kicked down by Mashiro, "It's not your fault. You were human- and that is why you succumb to these needs as a demon. Without fear, there's no way for you to get this far."