C A R I N G || xvii

Start from the beginning

"It looks like we're nearly at Hogwarts," Elizabeth changed the topic the girls were currently on- her and Sirius.

"Sure. It doesn't sound like you want to avoid telling us about Sirius or anything," Summer joked, although it sounded slightly like she was actually offended.

"Whatever. I'm leaving," Elizabeth snapped at the girls, feeling oddly irritable. It was like they were all tapdancing on her very last nerves, and the last thing she wanted to do was argue with her friends. The blonde stormed out of the compartment to cool off.

"Wow, it seems we always meet whenever you and your friends are in a bit of a tight spot," a girl laughed behind Elizabeth.

"You know, I would be fine with that joke if I was any less mad right now," the Slytherin sighed.

"I'm so upset by that. All I care about is your opinion! I might as well just go off the train now, I can't bear to see you at school after this," Amari wheezed. It seemed her comedy act managed to calm Elizabeth down, and it even got her upbeat again.

"Shove it! Do you know where Sirius is?" Elizabeth asked the brunette.

"Ohh, gonna go do that, are we? You'd better hurry, we're nearly at scho-"

"That's not what I meant! I'll go find him myself." Elizabeth walked away from Amari, blushing furiously. The Hufflepuff just laughed as she waved slightly,

"See you at Hogwarts!"

Elizabeth just shook her head at the girl, feeling herself fully calm down.

Finally finding the marauders compartment, the girl stepped in, which was very easy to find Eliza found. Considering they had carved the word 'Marauders' over it.

Elizabeth stepped inside the compartment of laughter and raised a eyebrow. The group looked at the blonde standing between the door, Remus was the first to speak to her.

"Elizabeth, how was your spring holiday?" A small smile came to her face,

"Good. Good, thanks Remus. I just wanted to ask James if had got my letter?" James nodded at her,

"I sure did, Betsy-" Sirius then cut him off and punched him in the arm. He rubbed his arm giving him a fake offended look.

"Elizabeth! I-uh-heh- I mean, hi!" The usually 'charming' Sirius seemed like he had been overcome with nervousness, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Um-ah-well-I," Elizabeth stuttered as she remembered what Amari had said, "I mean, hello Sirius. Now then I hope you all had a nice holiday. And James, thank you."

Sighing, the girl closed the door of the compartment and started to walk back to her own, only to be stopped by another irritated blonde.

"Farley? And just what do you think you're doing leaving Sirius' compartment?" The Gryffindor challenged as Elizabeth huffed,

"None of your business, McKinnon." The Slytherin carried on walking and calmed herself down before entering her own compartment.

"Perfect timing! We were just talking about cats," Emilia exclaimed.

"What?" Elizabeth questioned, sitting down in the space left for her.

"I mean, you're like, obsessed with them. And you're like a cat," Emilia explained, the blonde slightly more confused.

"She's really mean but once you become her friend she's really clingy?" Lily teased.

"She seems really cute but could actually kill you?" Summer guessed.

"She has one of the most generic high class girl names?" Frank suggested, causing the girls to look at him. "What? All I'm saying is, cats usually have names based on their appearance. Find me a black cat that isn't called shadow or anything related to the night!"

"Oh! She hates rats?" Alice perked up, breaking the silence that followed Frank's explanation.

"Guys I am right here," Elizabeth reminded as they all turned to her. "Also, if I'm a cat then McKinnon is a dog because she is a downright bi-"

"Elizabeth Rosalie Farley, I'll have you know that while Marlene may be a bit mean at some points, and rude, and annoying, she's still a good friend," Lily defended, or at least tried too. They all knew about Marlene's harsh side, but only the Gryffindors knew how caring she could be.

"And she has had a crush on Sirius ever since our first year here. And then he out of the blue likes you, of course she'd be angry," Alice added.

"Right, let's change the subject before this turns into a full on debate," Emilia interrupted.

That was when the scarlet train screeched to a halt, and the students finally arrived back at Hogwarts.

Only a few months left until Sixth Year, Elizabeth thought. Not much can happen in that time, right?

A/N: okay in my last author's note I said something about this story nearly being at 3k..... hOW ARE WE AT 6.5K???? I remember freaking out when I saw it at 4k the other week.... wow. Well, here's another chapter I guess. Honestly we have like 10 drafts we just forget to publish them lol. I hope everyone's doing good rn, school during corona times sucks but I'll try to get Mai and I to update more. Thanks for reading and stream Back Door by Stray Kids :) - Ashlynn 🌿