Yeah, something like that.

~*~

We landed in LAX a little past 1 AM.

My mom had a driver waiting for us at the airport, who took us to our hotel, The Peninsula Beverly Hills.

It was her favorite place to stay in Los Angeles.

I immediately crashed as soon as we reached our Garden Suite, my eyes closed before they hit the pillow.

Leave it to my mom to decide to fly us out to California on one of her whims.

When I woke up the next morning, my mom was nowhere to be seen.

I swear that she doesn't need sleep.

I took a long, hot shower in the marble shower, hooking my phone up to the stereo system.

My mom could never just stay in a Best Western or Holiday Inn while traveling. She had to have the best of the best.

I used the provided hairdryer and wrapped myself in a bathrobe before heading back out to my bed to find my suitcase and see what my mom had packed me.

I pulled on a black and white horizontally striped long sleeve shirt. I paired it with my blue skirt and looped a brown belt around my waist. I pulled on my knee-high black socks, that awkwardly came mid-thigh on me for some reason, and my black Converse.

I went back into the bathroom, using my curling wand to curl the ends of my hair, before heading out into the kitchen area

That's when I saw my mom. She was sitting outside in the garden area, sipping on her coffee and reading the newspaper.

She was already dressed, munching on some breakfast.

And a plate was waiting for me.

I went out and joined her.

"Good morning dear," she said, without looking away from her newspaper. "Did you sleep well?"

I nodded, munching on a piece of pineapple.

"I figured that once you were ready we'd head over to Rodeo Drive," she said, folding her newspaper in half and setting it down on the table. "I have a few stores in mind."

"Okay," I agreed.

I know absolutely nothing about shopping in Los Angeles.

We finished up breakfast in silence, my mom continuing to read the newspaper.

"Wait right here," she said to me, as we re-entered the hotel room.

I waited as she dug through her suitcase before producing a black scarf.

She looped it around my neck a couple of times, adjusting it before stepping back. "There."

I went over to look in the bathroom mirror.