Dean sighed, pressing a kiss to Dakota's temple before handing her off to Sam.

"Don't Phantom Attackers usually snatch people from their beds?" Dean asked, as Dakota grunted and dug her face into the crook of Sam's neck roughly. "Jenkins was taken from a parking lot."

"Well, there are all kinds--Springheeled Jacks, Phantom Gassers. They take people anywhere, anytime. Look, I don't know if this is our kind of gig, either."

"Yeah, you're right." Dean said, walking back to the table. "We should ask around more tomorrow."

"Right. I saw a motel about five miles back." Sam informed, taking out money to pay for the beers.

"Whoa, whoa. Easy. Let's have another round." Dean tried to persuade.

"Dean. Daughter." Sam spoke brokenly, bringing Dakota closer to him. "We should get an early start anyway."

"She's asleep." Dean attempted. "You really know how to have fun, don't you, grandma?"

"Daddy." Dakota murmured in her sleep quietly, bringing herself closer to Sam for warmth.

Dean instantly melted at that. "All right." He threw his last dart. "I'll meet you two outside. I got to take a leak."

Sam scoffed out a laugh as he adjusted Dakota on his hip. He struggled to hold all of the research and his niece, but he managed.

A motorcycle revving woke Dakota up, she sprung away from Sam in fear. He scrambled to hold on to her so she didn't fall, upon seeing her predicament--she threw her arms around Sam's head tightly.

"It's okay, Kota." He cooed, prying her arms away from his head.

"Where's daddy?" She questioned groggily.

"He's inside, he had to go potty." Sam answered in a soft voice, he bounced Dakota on his hip.

"Monster?" Dakota then asked, her head tilted to the side as she pointed to Sam's research.

"We're not sure yet." He replied, tickling her stomach and making an exaggerated laughing sound.

He stopped when the sounds of chains dragging echoed around them. Sam slowed to a stop, pulling Dakota closer to him, and looked around them. He placed John's journal along with a few other papers on the trunk of the Impala.

He lowered Dakota to the ground, giving her a look as he pressed a finger to his lips. Dakota nodded and wrapped her arms around Sam's leg, he pulled out a flashlight to help him see.

Sam nudged Dakota further behind him as he crouched down. He looked underneath the car parked next to them, his breathing stuttered. A cat suddenly hissed at them and swatted it's paw toward the two.

Sam yelped and fell backwards, Dakota gripped onto him--scared by the sudden change of events. Sam laughed at himself, shaking his head as he pushed himself to a standing position. Dakota giggled too, but she wasn't exactly sure why they were laughing.

Dakota walked close to Sam, her small hand gripped his large one tightly. She screamed when someone grabbed Sam's leg, pulling him underneath the car and promptly knocking him out.

"Daddy!" She cried out as a large figure crawled out from under the car. She took off running toward the bar, calling out for her dad.

The figure easily caught up with her, knocking her out and tossing her in the back of their van with Sam.

<><><><>

Dean walked out of the bar, whistling a random tune to himself. He casually glanced around the parking lot, but slowed when he spotted the cat that scared Sam. He shook his head at the cat and continued onward.