FIFTEEN

"It is sometimes an appropriate response

to reality to go insane." -Philip K. Dick, VALIS

<< Captain >>

Dakota stands next to Dean as he awkwardly socializes with the other hunters, occasionally the two Winchesters would exchange a look. They were definitely out of their element, they usually stay far away from other hunters, not make conversation with them.

"I'm, uh, gonna go find uncle Sammy." Dakota announces, glancing over at her dad. He gives her a panicked look, she smirks in return before slipping out of the kitchen.

She walks down a long hallway, her eyes scanning over the walls and photographs hanging. She can hear hunters laughing and talking from both the kitchen and the living room. She exhales a sigh before rounding the corner towards the living room, she opens her mouth to call out to Sam when she's interrupted.

"Captain!" A voice cries behind her, Dakota's blood runs cold as she turns around. Her eyes wide, mouth gaped open, but nothing is there. "Captain!" It shouts again. Dakota stumbles back a couple steps, running into something hard.

She wheels around, her blonde hair being flung over her shoulder. She reels back in shock, her uncle places a hand on her shoulder to steady her. Concern plasters his face as he takes in her pale and clammy appearance. She looks away from him and back over her shoulder.

"You okay?" He questions, both hands cover her shoulders to get her to focus on him. "Dakota?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah." She mumbles, looking up at him with bleary eyes. "I'm fine."

"All right..." Sam trails, unconvinced by her words. "Lets go find Dean."

Sam ushers Dakota forward, her hands clench and unclench together. Her eyes dart around the room like something was about to jump out at her. Her feet drag slowly, causing Sam to push her shoulders gently, getting her to move.

"Hey." Sam greets Dean, who's holding an angel blade in his hands.

"Oh, hi. This is a real angel blade." Dean mutters back, looking over his shoulder at his family. His eyes narrow on Dakota's ghastly demeanor. "You all right?"

"Catch! Nice job, Captain!"

Dakota flinches before dragging her eyes to her father.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She says, waving away his concern. She musters up a convincing smile.

"All right...this guy was legit." Dean moves along with the conversation, gesturing to the angel blade.

"Did you know people tell stories about us?" Sam asks Dean, Dakota's head snaps over to look at him.