EIGHT

"You are enough just

as you are." -Meghan Markle

<< The Psychics are Back in Town >>

It's been a couple weeks since Mary has joined them, but when they just started to get settled down with each other, Mary left. Every time she looked at Sam or Dean she saw every moment she lost with them, she remembered them as little kids, now their grown up and Dean has a daughter. It was hard for her to see them as they are now. Dakota sat with Dean for a long time after Mary left, just sitting and holding his hand to comfort him. They didn't say much, they didn't know what to say.

Dakota was sad when Mary left, but it was Dean that was broken by it. He just got his mother back and she chooses to leave him. Dakota grew up without a mother, same as him, but her mother chose to leave her. So Dakota just sat with him in silence, holding his hand while he works through his anger and sadness.

Now, Sam caught a case for them to do, get their minds off Mary leaving. Dean and Sam dress up like priests to talk to the church the victim died in, Dakota chooses to wait out in the Impala. She was too young to join them.

Dakota sighs before pulling out her phone and calling Cas.

"Hello?" Cas questions in confusion over the phone, Dakota normally doesn't call him unless it's really important. "Dakota, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, Cas, everything's fine. I just wanted to call you, check in." She chuckles at his suspicion.

"Oh...I'm fine." He answers awkwardly.

"That's good, Sammy found us a case so him and dad are talking to a church." She starts the conversation. "It's mainly something to keep themselves busy."

"How are they? How are you?" Cas asks her, sounding genuinely worried.

"I'm fine, I mean, yeah, I'm sad. It's Sammy and dad that are hurting, they just got her back, you know?"

"Yes, I know."

"Yeah, it's hard on them to lose her again, and this time it being her choice to leave."

"So what's this case Sam found?" Cas questions, moving on awkwardly after there's a few moments of silence.

"A woman was whipped to death by an invisible force, priest said she was speaking in tongues. Her name was Olivia Sanchez." Dakota explains, glancing over she shoulder to see Sam and Dean approaching her. "Alright, Cas, dad and Sammy are coming." She says going to hang up but Dean stops her.