; CHAPTER 6 ; - I'll be okay, as long as you're here.

Start from the beginning

There goes his heart. Beating like crazy.

"Well, thank you, that's very nice of you." He quickly regains what he could of his composure and takes a sip of the drink, having to pause his walking to before closing it back up and putting it in his side bag. Despite his seemingly cool attitude, he's flustered. Luckily his curl of hair blocks the view from the taller. "Mm."

As they approach the Kujo's home Jotaro slides the door open and lets him in, ignoring the sudden sound of footsteps; its his mother, obviously. "Joojoooo!" She basically launches herself into his arms, giggling up a storm as she rubs her head against her son. "Get off me, bitch!" She only smiles and squeezes more before letting go. "Okaay! Anyways! How was school?" She's hugging Kakyoin now, eyes closed. "It was alright, mostly the same as usual."

Kakyoin had been staying over for the last week, going home the next following week. It had taken a lot of bitching from his father to get him to agree, but it was worth it. "That's great, darling! I'm making dinner, it should be ready around six thirty!" She ruffles the redheads hair, then forcefully bringing Jotaro's face down for a kiss. He grumbled in response, but just walked forwards after pulling his shoes off. It took Kakyoin a bit longer to do the same, but gets them off nonetheless. He struggles to stand up, slowly gaining his balance again before walking after Jotaro and following him to their room.

Yes, their room. Jotaro suggested he slept on a cot in his room near him in case he has more nightmares; in which he did. Getting to the door, he slowly slid it open and managed to make his way in, but.. trips over the ledge. He stumbled forward and manages to catch himself with his crutches, legs shaking. Jotaro had already scrambled up from his cot and was holding out his hand, ocean colored eyes wide as he had a grip on his school uniforms jacket. ".....Are you okay?" Free hand moves to help him stand and Kakyoin took a moment to come off his sudden spike of anxiety. It wasn't the first time, but that doesn't make it any less scarier.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, thank you.." His voice is trembling as he attempts to slide his arms out of the cuffs attached to the crutches, swallowing hard. Jotaro helps him, sitting him down on his cot before seating himself once again. He holds the container of cherries out to the red haired; it was invisible to Kakyoin's vision due to the shade of his hat, but he has a blush painted across his tanned cheeks.

"Thank you.." He's still a little embarrassed from falling, and from the fact that Jotaro bought these for him. How adorable.. Thin hands grasp the cardboard before opening it and pulling some of the cherries out, humming happily as he popped one into his mouth. They were sweet yet bitter, tasting just right to him. "Want one?" He asks, offering the opened container to him. Jotaro pauses, looking at it before shrugging and taking one, putting it into his mouth.

They didn't taste too good to him, but he ate it anyways. The tartness was... an acquired taste, to say the least. And he wasn't the type to say no to bitter things. "Did you know? There's roughly 54 species of cherries! They're all different in their own ways; my favorite are these, the Benishuho cherry. There's a little acidity in them but they're overall pretty sweet. Cherries are said to prevent heart disease because of the antioxidants in them! I ought to be pretty healthy then, yeah?" He lets a laugh out, violets closing. Jotaro only lets a chuckled-grunt out, shaking his head.

"You're a fucking nerd."

"Dinner's served! Say your thanks!" Holly was mostly picking at Jotaro who often ignored simple table manners, earning a chuckle from Kakyoin. "Ugh. Fine.... itadakimasu." Holly grins and claps, repeating after him in sync with Kakyoin. It's Baked Tonkatsu, her mother's recipe actually. It's tasty, especially for Kakyoin; his family doesn't really make tonkatsu much, so it's a change. And even if he's trying to me nonchalant about it, you can tell Jotaro's enjoying it too.

After some time, Kakyoin leans back and sighs happily. "Thank you, Mrs. Holly—that was amazing, do you want help with the dishes—" "Oh, no no don't worry yourself over it! It's okay, a pleasure. Don't feel like you owe me!" Kakyoin blinks before looking to the taller before nodding. "Ah, well, okay.."

Jotaro helps Kakyoin up and actually gives his mom a hug; a half-assed one, but a hug either way. He walks back with the redhead, leaving Holly to smile to herself before eventually starting to clean up.

Jotaro grunted as he sat back on his cot, sighing lowly. "Do you want to shower first or what?" He asks softly, peering over at him. Kakyoin blinks and shakes his head. "No, go ahead. I'll take one after." Jotaro nods and sheds his jacket and slips his hat off, setting it to the side before walking out of the room, closing the sliding door and then heading to the bathroom. Kakyoin's left alone.

He doesn't like it.

It's only ten minutes, but the voices start up. He's overthinking.

'You know, you're just a burden. That's all you'll ever be. A burden. Troubling other people.'

"No, no.." He shakes his head. Jotaro was usually the one that helped him with that, as helpless as that sounds; but given what happened last time he tried to fight his own battles, he'd rather have the help. The only thing thats on his mind is Jotaro. Anything, just—anything that will help.

Eyes fall on his jacket. It's... risky. But he can't think of anything else. He uses Hierophant Green to bring it over, grabbing it and placing it around his body.

It's still warm.

"...." He slips it on and hugs his arms, burying his face into the collar and sighing softly. It's nice.. Jotaro has this odd scent to him but he adores it. It's just.. weird. A guy, liking a guy. Two men aren't supposed to be together. Jotaro probably hated things like that, and god forbid he made Jotaro hate him. Hierophant stared at him, head cocked. Kakyoin sighed and rubbed his face looking to the side. "You're the only person who understands me, who I can actually say things like this to." He laughed and sighed, leaning back with his eyes closed. He presses the cuff of the sleeve to his nose, taking a deep breath.

Calming and comforting..

The redhead curls up on the cot and sighs softly. At least with this, it's like he's there. Like he's comforting him. Like he wants to be, closer with him, but can't. At least, that's what he's told himself. Before he knew it, he had started to doze off. Luckily, it's Friday.. a shower can wait.

Jotaro came in a little bit later, pausing when he realized Kakyoin was asleep—with his jacket on. He blinks, letting a small smile come over his face before shaking his head and muttering a low "good grief." under his breath, covering the redhead up before cutting his light off and eventually laying down to sleep.

Morning peeks through the windows, casting over Kakyoin. He had a good sleep for once this week, slowly stretching out hut immediately pausing when he realizes the pressure behind him. He blinks, looking down. He's still wearing Jotaro's jacket, and there's a pair of arms around him. His heart starts beating faster and faster, swallowing hard and looking around before slowly shifting. Jotaro's sleeping face comes into view and he feels like his hearts about to jump from his chest and out onto the floor.

'Holyshitholyshitholyshit'

Of course, he's been like this before. But, he remembers not waking up. At all. That meant that Jotaro moved to his bed. On his own. He swallows and turns to face him, inevitably sinking into his hold again and closing his eyes.

This was nice.

"I wish it could be like this more." He mumbles this into his chest, eventually dozing back off.