; CHAPTER 2 ; - Facing the fears in his mind

Its been a few weeks. Kakyoin has been going along perfectly, he was stable in health and he was already starting to walk again. Granted, he needed a lot of help still, it was nice to see him doing so well..

Or that's what Jotaro thought was happening.

He's not going to admit it.. but Kakyoin's terrified. He's constantly fearful; fearful that if he sleeps, he's going to relive that moment, over and over again. That he'll be stuck in a never ending loop of painful suffering. All just to wake up alone, or to Jotaro asleep... it's depressing. Sometimes he screams so loud the doctors have to come rushing in. The nightmares are just that bad.

It's making him go insane.

'Noriaki did you have another nightmare?' His mother is observing of her little cherry's emotions and how he acts.. he's been off. He's fourteen now; his eyes are baggy underneath.

'I feel like i'm going to be sick..'

"Hey Jotaro, are you.. staying tonight?" Kakyoin's voice is almost silent as he speaks. He's slowly readjusting to the world again; being asleep so long took his toll on him.. especially on his vocal chords, straining them every time he made noise so it was reduced to very soft whispers. "...I can if you want, I was planning to go home but it doesn't matter to me." He promised his mother that he'd come home tonight, but if Kakyoin didn't feel at ease he'd stay. She'd understand. "N-No it's okay, if you want to leave then go ahead. I'll be alright."

He wasn't completely sure that he'd be okay.. but he'd try. Jotaro needed to spend time with his mother anyways. It doesn't help that his own parents, more so his father, constantly attempt to blame Jotaro for Kakyoin's injuries. He's tried so hard to make it clear that none of this was his fault though, hell Jotaro wasn't even THERE! He knows how much he hates the fact that he wasn't there, that he wasn't able to spare him this rocky recovery. "Tch.. you're the one to speak. Always putting yourself before others, even now? You're so confusing." Hand digs into his pockets and pulls out a cigarette container, peeking inside of the paper holder.

"You should stop that nasty habit, Jotaro.... You're not gonna get someone you like... with cigarettes lacing your breath... you know?" A lighthearted joke, and he softly chuckled. Jotaro reaches up to pull the brink of his hat down to cover his eyes and hide his growing blush of embarrassment. "Good grief.. you really do sound like my mother." Jotaro grumbles in response to his nagging, taking his stand. "I guess i'll get going then. Don't want to keep her waiting and make her bitch at me." Kakyoin smiles and raises a weak hand, waving to him.

"Have a safe trip home, Jojo." He smiles softly as he talks, and all he receives is a soft click of the tongue and a wave. As the door clicks shut, the room falls silent.

Kakyoin is alone.

'Nori? What's wrong?' His mothers voice is soft yet filled with worry as her crying baby crawls into the bed with her, face burying into her chest in an attempt to muffle the sobs he was letting out.

'...Nightmare.' Despite these being memories, and him being younger than his present self—he's remembering what happened. How he had been on the brink of death. Soothing hands rub at his back as he feels kisses on the top of his head, nearing the middle of his unruly red curly locks. 'Oh, Nori.. my sweet little cherry.. please don't worry, Mama won't let anything happen.'