~| Chapter 21 |~

Hearing a small creak from the door, you turned to look in that direction. Your eyes widened as you stared, blinking as tears continued to trail down your cheeks. Your breath hitched as you went to speak.

"L-Lydia?"

As soon as you said her name, the black haired girl ran over to you and tackled in a hug. She had her arms wrapped around you right, and you did the same in return. She lifted her head to look at you, and she wiped your tears.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n." She said quietly, her gaze softening. "I left the house after I heard you and your father arguing. I wasn't sure about what to do so I left and Beej stayed."

Nodding in understanding, you kept your arms wrapped around her. "My father said I-I couldn't see you anymore." You said softly, not looking her in the eyes.

She nodded, hushing you softly as you cried. "I told him w-we're like sisters and he didn't care." You sobbed quietly, closing your eyes tight. A small sigh came from her as she tightened her grasp on you.

"Y/n, look around you."

Lifting your head, you looked to the people who were surrounding you.

The Maitlands. They were the first ghosts you saw and the sweetest people you know. You helped them scare Charles and Delia, and sometimes they'd try and scare you for the heck of it. They were like your cool parents.

Lydia was your sister, no doubt about it. She was always there when you needed her and she was your best friend. The two of you were there for each other no matter what.

And Beetlejuice.

Oh, Beetlejuice.

The demon may have mistreated you in the beginning, and may have made very inappropriate jokes, but you grew to love him. He had such lovely eyes and he always knew how to make you laugh. He knew how to pull you out of the deepest pits of panic and anxiety, and the best thing about it all was the fact that. . .

He loved you.

He wanted to be with you no matter what.

As your eyes looked between all of them, tears began to flow down your face again. Except this time, the tears were accompanied with a smile. You went and tackled the Maitland's in an embrace, pulling Lydia right along with you. The couple returned the embrace with a smile.

You savored their embrace for a moment before pulling away, turning to Beetlejuice. He had his hazel brown eyes set on your (eye color) ones, and you sent a weak smile his way. Holding your hand out, you waited for him to come over.

Hesitant at first, the demon slowly made his way over to you. About halfway there, he ran into you, taking your hand and intertwining your fingers, quickly pressing your lips together with furrowed brows. You jumped slightly at the sudden impact, but went with it nonetheless.

A small tear began to run down Beetlejuice's cheek, and a smile grew on his face. He was truly in love.

He was happy.

He was sad.

Yet he was also angry and upset.

He was. . . feeling.

It wasn't long before a bright light came from the demons hair, in which you pulled away from the kiss and squinted to look at it. You then diverted your gaze back to Beetlejuice, seeing his body begin to glow as well.

Everyone in the room stared with complete shock and terror. They watched as the bright light engulfed Beetlejuice completely, and he almost looked like a glow stick.

The light soon vanished, and you rubbed your eyes to adjust to the dim light. Squinting, you looked at Beetlejuice and your eyes widened.

"Beetlejuice?"

His hair was a beautiful coffee brown and his stubble looked very clean. His skin was no longer deathly pale, but instead a light peachy color. He no longer had those mossy spots on his skin and his teeth were white and straight. He looked like he was human.

He was human.

He is human.

"Holy shit." Beetlejuice's eyes widened as he looked at himself, taking in his strange new appearance. His beautiful hazel eyes then came back to you, and he smiled softly. He gave the kind of smile that could kill a hundred people just with a small glance.

Your heart melted as you stared at him, the temperature inside of you beginning to rise and reveal its red hue over your cheeks. Taking a strand of your hair, you twirled it around your finger.

The demon—well, human—made his way over to you. He gently set his thumbs on your cheeks and wiped the last of your tears. Smiling, he placed a gentle, sincere kiss on your forehead.

"I love you, Y/n." He said softly, looking you in the eye.

The soft red dusting over your cheeks only intensified, and you smiled. "I love you too, Beetlejuice."

Lydia and the Maitland's stared, shock and surprise overwhelming them as they saw the two of you interact. Barbara couldn't believe how gentle he was being with you, and Lydia was shocked about Beetlejuice becoming human.

Everyone was surprised about Beetlejuice becoming human.

As Beetlejuice moved to stand next to you, he gently took your hand and intertwined your fingers. You had to admit, it was kind of weird feeling heat emit from his hands.

"Hey, Barbs." He grinned, his hand going to his hip as he spoke. He still had his normal gruff voice, which you were rather grateful for. "If this doesn't show you that we live each other, I guess we'll never come back here again."

Barbara looked between the two of you with wide eyes, going to say something but deciding against it. "I'm sorry."

Giving her a soft smile, you waved it off. "It's okay, Barbara. I know there were good intentions behind it." You replied, then turned to Beetlejuice. "Now about you."

"Me?" He quirked a brow, a hand coming to his chest. "What's up, honeybun?"

You blinked, looking up at him as your cheeks reddened. "Honeybun?" You asked quietly.

"Well, yeah." He shrugged. "I thought it'd be a nice change from babes since I'm a new person!" He chuckled, gesturing to his human body.

Giggling softly, you nodded, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "Let's go shopping. We need to get you some new clothes."

He looked at you and pouted, puffing up his cheeks. "What's wrong with the clothes I have?"

"You are not wearing that."

"But-"

"No."

"Babes-"

"Nope."