IV

The bell rang and I packed up all of my belongings into my backpack. I sighed making my way out of the classroom into a sea of a bunch of idiotic fishes. Students were hurrying to the exit, some standing around and chatting by their lockers.

I look around trying to spot anyone familiar, walking in the direction of my locker I realize that I had a little "party" happening in a few hours with a bunch of strangers. I never fail to surprise myself with the situations I get myself into. I had a ton of things to  do, I still had to fill out some forms for my registration as well as homework for some of my subjects but my dumbass thought it was a great idea to agree to this on the first day of school.

I smile when I reach my locker, the guys all gathered around the locker next to mine, " Uh hey guys." They turn around looking confused for a moment until they realized it was me. A chorus of 'Hello's' erupted as I gathered a few things from my locker.

"You're in 30?" Calum looked at me as Luke put a band on his shoulder.  "Well, obviously." I frown, looking at Michael for help. Calum's expression changed and I couldn't help but feel like I said something wrong. " Did I..."
"Can we please change the subject?" Calum closed his locker and gripped onto his backpack.

" So what time should we be at your place? Also where do you live?" Luke clears his throat trying to save the conversation. "Anytime really. I just need a few hours to do some homework. So maybe around 6? Michael can show you guys? I live like two houses away from our bus stop." Michael nodded as they started making their way toward the exit.

I follow slowly behind them as I check my phone for any messages. "Alex, you coming?" I look up to see Michael waiting for me as Calum and Luke are almost out of sight. "Oh, yeah I'm coming, sorry."

At home my mother was sitting by the island in the kitchen, drinking a coffee. "Uh, hey mom I thought you weren't going to be home?" She smiled at me looking up from her phone. "Oh yes, I'm only leaving a bit later on. I needed to talk to you about something." I frowned sitting down across from her at the table. "So your father has to stay back in the US for a few more weeks, his company needs him to do training for some of the new employees. I thought I would go with him and pack some of the last boxes, so that he wouldn't have to stay much longer than he needs." I nodded not quite understanding what the problem was. " I was thinking about having you stay with your Aunt and Uncle until we get back?"

I frowned once again, " Mom I can stay here, I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself." She sighed, taking a sip from her coffee. " I know that Alexandra I would just feel a bit more comfortable knowing that you stay with family rather than being all alone in a big house for weeks." Knowing that I wouldn't be winning the fight anytime soon I just nodded. " Okay fine, I guess it won't be that bad. Also, I invited a few friends from school over to hang out tonight if that's okay with you?"

I walked away when all I got was a nod from my mother. " You know where the extra cash is if you need anything!" She yelled after me as I made my way up the stairs to my room.