Chapter Fifteen -- Rescued by a Flying Car

Start from the beginning

"He's freaking out," Ron agreed. "He contacted us a bunch of times because you weren't responding."

Storm's eyes widened and he instantly spoke the words "Severus Snape" to his mirror.

A frazzled, exhausted, panicked-looking Snape appeared in the glass, and he let out a strangled yell when he saw Storm. "What. Happened!" Snape snarled.

"The muggles," Storm said stiffly, and Snape let out a growl of fury. "They imprisoned me in my room, put bars on my window, and fed me one meal a day -- if you can call leftovers a meal. They also locked all of my things, save Noctis, in the cupboard, including the blood."

"I am going to destroy them," Snape whispered in a soft, deadly tone. The three Weasleys looked almost as murderous as Storm's father.

"That," Storm said icily, "is my right. I will be murdering them brutally -- after my plans are fulfilled. I do not want them telling Dumbledore anything."

Snape took several deep breaths to calm himself, and Storm took this opportunity to drink the three vials of blood. Instantly, he felt more alert.

"Why'd they lock you up?" Ron asked after Storm had finished. Storm told them a shortened version of Dobby's visit.

"What?" his three friends and father shouted when was done.

"Can we help you murder him?" Ron growled.

"No," Storm retorted. "I need the Malfoys on my side, and they need the vermin. He will be punished, but not murdered."

"Yes, Storm," the red-head sighed.

"Father, you're exhausted," Storm said sharply to Snape, who was swaying. "When was the last time you ate?"

Snape hesitated, but that was answer enough.

"Eat and sleep," Storm ordered. "I will see you at school on September first. I'm perfectly fine now."

"Good," Snape muttered, and disappeared.

"Well, we'd better tell you what's going to happen now," Fred sighed.

"Mum sent us," said Ron. "Well, technically both she and your dad sent us-"

"Come off it, Ron, we were worried, too," George retorted.

"We're supposed to take you to the Burrow so you can 'see what it's like to have a proper family,'" Ron said, using his fingers to make air quotes. "He wants you to rely on Mum and Dad, to trust them."

"Because I went from bars to feasts," Storm guessed with a drawl. "Wonderful."

"But she strictly doesn't know about us coming to rescue you," George added. "She's going to pretend to be angry that we snuck out."

"Probably make us work, too, after flying all night long," Fred muttered, sounding exhausted.

"I'll persuade her to let you sleep," Storm promised. He paused. His vampire vision now allowed him to see how tired and gaunt they all looked. "When was the last time you slept and ate properly?"

The three cringed and looked away. "When we were at school," Ron mumbled, twiddling his thumbs.

Storm was silent for a moment. Then, in a calm but cold voice, he said, "When the time comes, I'm going to let you torture your mother in whatever way you like."

The twins grinned with savage glee, and Ron smiled. "Thanks, Storm," the twins chorused.

"Pleasure. Now... will your brothers, Charlie and Bill, follow me?"

----------------------------

The Burrow was an odd-looking building. It looked like it had originally been a one-room house, but more rooms had been added above and around the first, so it was now several stories and only held up by magic. There were several brown chickens scattered around the yard, as well as an over-grown garden.

"It's not much," Ron sighed.

"Better than the muggles," Storm snorted. "At least your family will pretend to like me." He cringed. "Ugh, I'll have to deal with your sister."

"Ginny's supposed to act shy and embarrassed around you," Fred assured him.

"She's a right Slytherin when it comes to flirting, though, even if she's only eleven," said George.

Storm groaned. "She's coming to school with us?" He let out another groan when the three nodded grimly.

The twins pulled Storm's trunk out of the car, and Ron retrieved Noctis' cage. The four of them were walking across the yard when Mrs. Weasley stormed out of the house. The red-heads next to him automatically flinched backward, and Storm felt a flash of anger.

"So," the woman hissed, when she was standing in front of them, hands on hips.

Fred, George, and Ron remained uncharacteristically silent.

"Have you any idea how worried I've been?" Mrs. Weasley whispered, but Storm could see the disgust in her eyes.

"Mum-" Ron squeaked. All three flinched again when she began yelling.

"Beds empty! No note! Car gone -- could have crashed -- out of my mind with worry -- did you care? -- never, as long as I've lived -- you wait until your father gets home, we never had trouble like this from Bill or Charlie or Percy -- you could have DIED, you could have been SEEN, you could have lost your father his JOB-"

Storm had gone as silent as his three friends, but unlike their silence, he was full of murderous rage. How dare this woman treat her children like this?!

Mrs. Weasley shouted for a long time before turning to Harry and smiling in a sickly-sweet way. "I'm very pleased to see you, Harry dear. Come in and have some breakfast."

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley," Storm responded politely.

"You're very welcome, Harry dear."

If she calls me 'dear' again, I'm going to scream.

Unfortunately, Storm knew she was going to call him that many more times, so he just followed her silently into the house, his three terrified friends behind him.