Thunderstorm

"Dada, I don't think I need Yoonie or Hoseokie to watch me." Jimin pleaded as Taehyung was putting in his jacket to leave. "Yes you do, Kitten, you can't do things on your own when you're little." Taehyung ruffled the little's hair.

"But please? I wanna be by myself. I'm a big boy." He pouted. Taehyung chuckled and cupped his cheeks. "You're so adorable, but I'm not leaving you alone." Taehyung said.

"I'll be a good boy, I promise." Jimin was about to have a meltdown. Taehyung sighed. "You know my phone number right?" Taehyung asked and Jimin nodded. "And Jin and Namjoon's?" He added and Jimin nodded.

"There's chicken and rice leftover from dinner last night, you can have that for lunch when you get hungry, okay? Don't touch something you know you aren't supposed to touch and please be careful." Taehyung picked the little up and kissed his cheek.

"Don't open the front gate for strangers and don't answer numbers you don't know." Taehyung reminded. The little nodded and Taehyung smiled at his cuteness. "I love you Kitten, okay? I'll be home around 3:00 today." Taehyung set the boy down.

"Bye daddy." Jimin waved as Taehyung left. He wasn't sure if he made a good choice leaving the little alone but he could trust Jimin, right?

It was very cloudy outside. Taehyung took it to notice as he drove to the office. "I hope it doesn't rain." He spoke to himself and pouted. He planned on surprising the little and take him to the park to get ice cream and feed the ducks before it got really cold outside.

Jimin hummed as he struggled a little to fix himself a bowl of cereal. He ended up getting milk and cereal all over the counter. He carried the bowl to the living room, setting it down on the carpet and sitting in front of it, watching cartoons as he ate.

He was beginning to feel lonely and thought maybe he should've let Jin and Namjoon or Yoongi and Hoseok babysit him. 'I'm a big boy.' Jimin reminded himself as he watched cartoons.

After eating breakfast, he plopped his bowl in the sink and walked back to the living room to play with his toys for a while, eventually getting board as he picked up his phone and called Taehyung.

"You okay, baby?" Taehyung asked. "I'm fine! I just miss you Dada." Jimin mumbled.

"I'll be home later, Kitten. Find something productive to do." Taehyung said. "Okay, bye." Jimin hung up.

Taehyung peered our the window of his office and noticed it became darker.

Jimin looked out the giant living room window and pouted at the dark grey clouds.

///////////////

A few hours later, Jimin grabbed a bowl to fix his lunch but dropped it when he saw a flash and heard a loud boom, startling him greatly as he dropped the bowl, shattering it.

Jimin whimpered as he ran away from the window, tears welling in his eyes. It had got very dark outside and the wind was blowing hard. Jimin grabbed his phone and called Taehyung.

Taehyung already knew what Jimin was calling about when he saw lighting flashing following but thunder, the rain beginning to pelt against the windows. "Kitten?" Taehyung spoke softly. "Dada I'm scared!" Jimin panicked. "I know baby, I'm about to leave work in a few minutes. You're gonna be okay." Taehyung tried to calm him down.

Jimin was crying and screamed each time the thundered roared unexpectedly. He walked upstairs and into their bedroom, hiding in the closet.

Taehyung finished his work and left the office, rushing so he could get home to Jimin. The little laid in the closet, panicking as the storm worsened outside. Suddenly, the power shut off, leaving Jimin in the dark.

The little began crying harder and shaking uncontrollably. Taehyung made it home quickly, seeing all the lights in the mansion were off. He entered the house and closed the door, locking it before stumbling his way through the dark house.

"Jimin?!" He called as he raced upstairs. He went in their bedroom and heard Jimin's sobs. He set his things down and ran in, picking the little up and hugging him tightly.

"D-Dada~" He sobbed, Taehyung rubbing his back gently. "Shhhhh, you're okay, baby. It's just a little storm. It'll pass." Taehyung whispered.

"Daddy I'm s-scared." Jimin cried. "I know but I'm here. Nothing's going to hurt you. I got you." Taehyung whispered, planting gentle kissing in his face. Taehyung carries Jimin downstairs and into the storage closet, switching in the generator which turned the power back on.

Jimin calmed down a little because of that. "Shhhh." Taehyung stroked his hair. The thunder boomed loudly, the sound echoing through the house which scared Jimin more. "It's okay, Kitten, I got you." Taehyung whispered. He sighed and closed his eyes, kissing Jimin's cheeks softly.

Taehyung cleaned up the broken glass from the bowl Jimin dropped in the kitchen and the counter off before picking Jimin back up.

The boy calmed down as the storm passed, his sobs subsiding to sniffles. Taehyung carried Jimin around the house, the little eventually stopped crying.

"You okay, hmm?" Taehyung spoke ever so softly. Jimin hummed, his little fingers grasped tightly to Taehyung. "That was s-scary." Jimin said shakily. "I know, but it's fine now, baby boy." Taehyung smiled faintly.

They went back into their room, Taehyung changing into comfortable clothes. He fixed Jimin a bottle of milk, giving it to the little for his nap. He climbed in the bed next to Jimin, who sucked in the bottle cutely.

He wrapped his arms around the younger, Jimin drifting to sleep. "I love you, Kitten." He whispered to the sleeping boy. He took the bottle away from his small fingers and placed it in the nightstand. He closed his eyes and went to sleep as well.

He knows not leave Jimin alone again.