Chapter 16; no more tears

7 years ago...

"Jay Jay! Stop it, it tickles!" A 8 year old Kia-Marie begs her eldest brother.

Jason picks her up and sits in the couch with her in his lap. "I'm gonna miss you smalls." "Why do you have to go back to school? Stay with me instead!" She pouted. "Baby girl, I don't want to go back to school but I have to. Just like you. I'll be back for Christmas, I promise." She put her head on his shoulder. "I love you Jay Jay." " I love you to! Now let's watch a movie, how about the lion king?" She looked at him with wide eyes filled with excitement. "I'll take that as a yes."

**********

Kia fell asleep halfway through the movie. Jason picked her up and put her in her bed.

"Jason?" He heard his name called. "Kai, why are you out of bed? It's late." "I don't want you to go." Jason sighed. "I know buddy. I know." "But daddy's always mean to us when your gone. He makes mommy sad. Logie and Hayden to. Why you and Jere still at school? I want you to stay home."

"Soon Kai. I promise. Soon. When I come back in Christmas, you won't have to deal with dad anymore ok? This is our little promise, so don't tell anyone, got it?" Kai sighed and nodded his head. "Good. Now let's go to bed. You start the 3rd grade tomorrow. Aren't you excited?"

Jason walked him back to his room. After getting his youngest brother to sleep he walked to his room and sat at his desk.

He had to figure out a way to get his siblings away from their abusive father.

When him and Jeremiah left for college, their father began to abuse the younger kids and their mother. She tries her best to keep him away from the kids but she can only do so much. Jason made a promise to his mom that he would get them out of this situation.

Soon he told himself. Soon.

**********

What could be heard in the household, was a crying Kia, being comforted by her mother.

Her father Marcus Foster has just thrown her small body down the stairs. Kia was supposed to clean her. She did. When he went to check in her, she was on the floor coloring. He didn't like all the crayons and colored pencils all over the place.

Kia was OCD. Even if it was dirty now, it would be cleaned up eventually. It would only get worse over time.

"Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine.
Little one, when you play,
Pay no heed what they say.
Let your eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear, baby of mine.
If they knew all about you,
They'd end up loving you, too.
All those same people who scold you,
What they'd give just for the right to hold you.
From your hair down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But, you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be, baby of mine."

Her mother, Noel, sang to her. "No more tears baby girl. It'll be ok. Just sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." Kia fell eventually fell asleep of exhaustion. She picked Kia up and took her to sleep with her. Her husband made them sleep separately, claims to be claustrophobic.

She put little Kia on the bed and made sure she had her blanket. She couldn't sleep peacefully without that blanket.

Noel got in the bed and cuddled her youngest. Her only wish was to get children away from her cruel husband. All the past attempts has gotten one of them hurt. It wasn't worth it if they kept getting hurt.

*********

Noel

I hung up the phone with Kia. It pains me to know I can't do anything. When I first signed over custody, it was the best thing for them all. They got a new start in a new house, a new town, and new school.

I don't regret doing it. But my twins are in jeopardy right now.

I called Jason to tell him what Kia said. "Hi mom." He said. "Jason, I know it's none of my business but why are you cousins there? Kia just called me in tears saying she doesn't want to be there." "The Case was reopened. The restraining order was released. I was going to tell them when they came home but she got mad and went to her room. I knew there was a good chance they wouldn't listen." "I told the twins they could stay with me this week. Instead of Christmas. I wanted to run it past you so what happened last time doesn't happen again. I don't like my kids fighting." "That's probably best mom. I don't want to piss her off again. Or put her in any emotion stress for that matter. She can't handle it. I hate that I put her in those situations. They should both stay there for awhile. They can still get to school and sports. They should come back for Christmas." "Are you sure Jason? 100 percent?" "I'm sure mom. I am. I'll tell them to pack for a few weeks. I have to go. Love you, bye." He hung up.

This Shocked me.

A year ago, he wouldn't consider this. Not because he didn't trust me, he didn't trust the world. The past dwells.

"Hey babe, what did. Jason day?" My fiancé Tyler asked. "They're staying until Christmas. A lot has to be sorted out. I'm not gonna question it though. They have their own rooms here. Their friends can visit. Everything will be fine. Geez I haven't done this since they were 9. I haven't raised teenagers in so long." "Don't fret Noel. They'll be fine." "Ok then."

**********

This chapter starts phase 2 of the book. Hope you liked it!

-v