Chapter 6

Kia

It's Monday. I had a normal day at school.

But I'm a little depressed. None of my brothers except for Kai have spoken to me since what happened on Saturday.

But tonight is family night. The one night a month that we put our problems aside and spend time as a family.

When I got home, me and Kai set things up. We were gonna play volleyball in the back yard. We set up the net and pumped up the balls.

We finished early so we went to get food for diner. We ordered burgers for everyone.

At home, I expected everyone to be there but no one was home. Maybe their just late I told myself.

We put the food out and waited.

Now it was seven. We were losing daylight. "Do you want to go hit the ball around to kill time?" Me and Kai went outside and bumped the ball back and forth.

We did that for the next hour and a half.

Now it's eight thirty. We went back inside and ate.

"They aren't coming are they?" I asked knowing the truth. Kai pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry. I know how much this meant to you." "Thank you for not leaving me." We went upstairs and watched a movie. Half way through I went to bed.

"Kai I'm going to my room. I'll see you in the morning." I left before he could say anything.

I took a short shower, put some clothes on and got into bed. I checked my phone for any texts from the boys but found none. Not surprising. This made me cry.

They have never missed a family night. Never. It's so petty of them to skip it on purpose because they hold a grudge against me.

My quiet cries turned into sobs. They took this a step to far.

Eventually I let the sleep consume me.

Kai

A little while after Kia left, I heard her start crying. It got louder and louder until I didn't hear it anymore. It shocked me that she could last that long crying. 2 hours.

I'm pissed at my brothers for not showing up. She shouldn't have to cry herself to sleep for anything. It's their fault. It's all their fault. She spent her time planing this out and they didn't show up. So I went downstairs to wait.

It wasn't until 12:23 when I heard someone come in. It was Logan.

"Funny seeing you here." I said when he closed the door. "Why are you doing up? It's a school night." He asked. "I could ask you the same thing. So you can sit down and wait."

I'm not letting them go without a fight. "What do you mean? I'm going to bed." "Good luck. I locked al your doors. So sit down." He grunted but sat down.

Then at 12:47, Jeremiah decided to come home.

"What are you two doing?" "Oh wouldn't you like to know. Sit down and I'll answer your question I'm due time." He did with no questions asked.

Then at one thirty, Hayden graced us with his presence.

Finally at two. Jason arrived.

"Why are you all up? It's 2:00 in the morning."

"So, would any of you like to tell me why you all decided to skip family night? Cause I need a really good reason to why my sister spent a good solid two fucking hours crying herself to sleep because you couldn't be bothered!" I snapped.

They didn't mutter a word. "I'm waiting. And quite frankly I'm done waiting. I mean, I waited at least 9 hours for you all to come home. I mean, we set up the net, got you all food and had movies picked out. She even picked out a horror movie cause she knows you love them besides the fact they terrify her. It's real petty that you couldn't get over yourselves just long enough to spend time together. So working a extra shift is more important then Kia, picking up a case that would take hours to finish is more important then Kia, AND GOING TO A STUPID PARTY IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN KIA BECAUSE THATS WHAT IT DAMN WELL LOOKS LIKE TO ME! You didn't even bother to text one of us that you wouldn't be home. I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just disappointed. In all of you. You took this way to far. When it finally clicked in her head that you weren't coming, the light in her eyes went out. You don't know how much it hurt me to see that. She's in pain and it's not going away anytime soon. What you guys did tonight......" I shook my head and made eye contact with each one of them.

Then before I went upstairs I tossed they key to their rooms on the floor.

"You should be ashamed of yourselves."

I went up to Kia's room and layer down next to her. Her eyes were swollen shut and she had tear stains on her cheeks. She was trembling and felt warm.

Man, she probably made herself sick.