Chapter 11; darkness

Pain....

Pain is all I feel....

There's this weight on my chest that I can't lift....

And this pressure in my head I can't release....

Help! Help! I cried out....

Darkness is all that surrounds me....

I can't move....

I can't talk....

It hurts....

Everything hurts....

"Stop it now Kia! You don't belong here!"

Be quiet....

Stop talking so loud....

"We never wanted you, just be quiet!"

No, please stop, please!

All I could feel was the water filling my lungs. They burned, my lungs burned so bad. It wasn't until right before I passed out when I felt a sense of calm and let the water in. But then I was pulled out and started coughing up water. "Hold on Kia, hold on for me!" Someone said. But I was to tired. It was dark again.

When did that happen?

I'll figure it out later....

It started to get impossibly darker an I accepted the darkness. Why was it so dark?

Logan

Jeremiah ride in the ambulance with her and Jason drove me and Hayden. They rushed her to to the ER and said they would getting us when it was time.

************

It's been 22 hours since we got here. They kept telling us to wait. Finally they let us see her. The doctors got her stable enough for visitors. They said she had a Anoxic brain injury, which I learned was a episode of total loss of oxygen to the brain which could be caused by a severe cardiac episode. She had a Heart attack. The amount of stress that she had caused a dramatic increase in adrenaline and cortisol levels in her body. And with what went down yesterday morning, she had a panic attack. The shock was so high, she stopped breathing and it put so much stress on her heart that it went into overdrive and stopped.

Her heart stopped for three minutes, 26 seconds.

We don't know what brain function is still there. We're waiting for further information before we proceed with anything else.

I was the only one who wanted to see her. They honestly needed to get out of there asses. So what she fucked someone. None of us followed that rule. That night I didn't pick her up a few months ago, I was with a girl and we did the deed. Hayden didn't wait, he's just been a fuck boy the whole time. I doubt Jason waited since he was a rebellious teen and Jere waited because he was so focused in school. I did know that the twins promised each other that they would wait but seriously! You can't hold a curious teenager to those standards.

I walked into her room and she was all hooked up.  There were multiple  IV's in her arms, there was a tube in her throat breathing for her, and a lot of sensors all over. Her chest was wrapped from surgery. She looked dead. If it wasn't for the monitor giving off her pulse, I would say she was dead. I sat down in the chair next to her. This was a wake up call. This showed that we needed to change our ways. I just sat by her side. I couldn't bring myself to touch her, she looked so fragile, I was scared I would do something to make it worse. I must've been in there for hours because I got a phone call from Kai at 4:00 pm. SHIT! KAI, we left him alone.

"Is she ok? Please tell me she's ok!" He yelled through the phone. "Kai. I'm going to come get you and I'll explain everything." "Thats not a answer." "Kai, she's alive." "Ok ok ok. Hurry up ok?" "I'll be there soon." I hung up. I kissed Kia on the forehead gently and left after getting the keys from Jere.

He was waiting on the porch pacing when I pulled up. When he spotted me he ran to the car and got in. "Tell me." He said before his door closed. "I'll let the doctors explain. You need to calm down and prepare yourself before seeing her. It's rough." He groaned.

Soon enough, we got to the hospital. We got Kai a badge and went to see her. Before I could say anything, he went into her room and froze. He cautiously took steps towards her until he was right next to her. Then he sat down in the chair.

He stayed silent with a stoic look on his face.

He continued that. I decided to let them have some time while I got food. I went to the food court and got some sandwiches. When I went back to the room, it was still only Kai. I left his food and went to the waiting room. They were on there phones acting like they didn't have a care in the world. "Do y'all actually care? Because I can't tell." I spoke up. "We do care." Jeremiah said. "Then why are you out here and not in the room? She needs us right now." "There's nothing we can do right now except wait." "That's ridiculous! You could be by her side or talk to her. She might be able to hear you, we don't know. She needs our support and you aren't trying." "Give it a rest! Ok Logan? I'm sick and tired of you and Kai ranting on how we aren't doing anything. We can deal with it how we need to. So stop." Jason snapped. I shook my head and left. I texted Kai I would be gone and where the other was were.

I drove around town the rest of the day. It was around 8 when visiting hours were over so I picked Kai up so he can get some sleep. I drove us home then went to bed.

I'm worried. I'm worried CPS will separate us. She's been in the hospital twice within the last six months and has ran away. I can only hope for the best.