Chapter 18 - Guts

Juliet Calland

"How are you? Feeling better?" I turned to Jayson and I nodded.

"Did Leo do something bad to you?"

"Being engaged to someone else, if you can count that.." I said and Jayson chuckled.

"I remembered when we were.. I think 16, we went to New Zealand together."

"What about it?"

"I caught him taking a picture of you wearing your new dress." Jayson said and I turned to him disbelief.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I asked him and he didn't expect me to catch him like that."

"And then? Did you beat him?"

"Why would I beat him?" Jayson raised his eyebrows.

"Because I'm your.. twin."

"He likes you and I think it's normal for someone to take a picture of someone they like." What?

"He liked me?"

"Yeah." Jayson nodded and I let out a dry laugh.

"He always likes you, Juliet. That's why I'm okay with you to be with him."

"Shouldn't you be protective?" I hissed.

"He's a good dude, why should I be protective when I know that he's good dude?" He is a good man, he's the future King of Denmark. He must be a good man or else..

"He was just excited to be King. He looked up to his father a lot that's why he didn't make a move until when his parents announced that you and him were arranged marriage." I looked at my twin suspicious.

"How much did he pay you to talk like this?" I hissed coldly and Jayson shook his head.

"He grew up preparing himself to be King, Juliet. He didn't grow up like me or you even though I'm the future King of Sweden."

"How did he grow up?"

"He seriously wanted to be King. He so focused on studying how to be one and I didn't. I finished my highschool and then I jumped into my role but he didn't."

"I don't know.."

"Take your time, Juliet." My twin patted my back.

"He's getting married."

"I can cancel their wedding for you." I turned to my brother disbelief. Did he just say that?

"I don't know." I said and Jayson patted my head.

"Take your time."

"But if I don't rush, he might be.. already.."

"What if your feelings just.. attraction? You know that you're easily attracted to men right?" He raised his eyebrows and I nodded.

"After seeing Leo regularly, I.. kinda never sleep with anyone." I said and Jayson looked at me completely amused.

"That's new."

"Yeah, I thought so too. I was making out with someone and Leo bursted into the room once.. I felt guilty for days." I sighed as I looked down to the pool at the backyard.

"Wow.. that crazy? I mean.. you never felt guilty at all. You usually seeing guys on a daily basis." Jayson said and I nodded lightly.

"That's weird."

"He gave me a ring, he said he wanted to propose me but he changed his mind. He threw the ring into the trash and told me to get rid of it. Guess what?"

"You still keep it huh?" I turned to my twin and nodded.

"That's quite a huge impact on you." My twin said.

"Don't remind me.. I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I feel lost."

"Will you be okay if he's married to Nadine?" Jayson asked.

"I don't know, I can't even make Nadine's engagement dress knowing that she will be engaged with Leo." I let out a dry laugh.

"Oh Juliet, you're completely in love. My baby sister is.. a grown up woman." He ruffled my hair and I hissed pushing his hand away.

"I'm moving to Sweden next week, J." I turned to him and pouted.

"Really?"

"My coronation will in a month."

"You'll be a great King, Jayson." I smiled and he chuckled.

"I know, I'm just nervous."

"I'll visit you often, I promise."

"You should, you're my twin." He hissed glaring at me.

"Visit me with Leo, once you two figure out everything." I smacked his arm when he said that.

"You should find your Queen too." I said as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Later.. when everything is settle."

We both turned silent and just enjoying the view of our beautiful backyard in Norway. It's complicated for us to have lives like this. I walked into my room and took out the ring that Leo planned to give to me. I walked back out to the balcony and Jayson looked at me raising his eyebrows.

"That's the ring?" He asked and I nodded.

"I always like his presence around me, it's- I- I feel comfortable and he treats me.. good. He's not like other guy who only comes to me for sex or just casual making out. He's genuinely serious and I felt that. That's why I'm a little confuse, because this feeling is new and raw to me. I can't just figure it out shortly." I said as I looked at the ring.

"That's love for you."

"You've been in love before?" I was surprised and he nodded.

"I've been there but not as fun."

"Really? How come I didn't know about it?" I asked as I put the ring into my ring finger.

"We might be twins but you don't need to know everything, Juliet." He turned to me and I pouted.

"That suits you." He pointed at the ring and I sighed.

"What should I do now?"

"You.. have to figure out about that yourself." Jayson said and he walked inside. I looked down to the ring and sighed. I looked up to the sky and I tried to smile.

"I'm going to trust my guts now.."