Chapter 8 - Headache

Juliet Calland

I walked into Leonardo's study room and found him reading his book again. He saw me and he turned his attention back to his book.

"I brought the new candidates." I said as I closed the door.

"Put it there.. and you can go." He said in a normal tone but I can feel that something's off about this man. I walked towards him and sat down on the seat in front of his desk.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"Why would I be mad at you?" He asked and he's acting like he's mad at me when he said he doesn't. He didn't even look at me, he was busy reading his book.

"Why did you come to my office last week?" I asked and he didn't answer me. He kept reading his book and I put my black file on the desk pushing it towards him.

"You can go, I know you're busy." Again.. he kept saying the word 'busy' to me.

"Are you seriously mad at me?" I asked in a high pitch tone. Leo looked up to me and took off his glasses.

"I'm reading my book, I'm sorry. I'm a little bit busy and I bet you too so.. you can go." He gave me a smile as he gestured me to go out from his study room. I scoffed disbelief at him and he turned his attention back to the book.

"You're acting childish, Leo." I hissed and he ignored me. I looked at him disbelief and I ran my hands through my hair. He's making me pissed right now.

"Are you seriously mad at me for ruining your proposal and making out with Kevin?" I bursted angrily at him and he closed his book. He looked at me and his eyes darkens.

"I always know that you like to sleep around but seeing it with my own eyes was completely a different experience, Juliet. I can say that I'm impressed." He said in a really cold tone. If words can kill someone, I would be dead by now.

"What? You're jealous?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Just go, Juliet. I don't want to deal with you right now. I'll check the new cadidates and maybe I'll try to contact them by myself. You may go." He said as he opened the black file. My heart fell when he said that, I don't know what is it but somehow I want to know who will he pick out of the candidates that I prepared for him.

He was acting so off too and I don't like it. I hate the feeling of him not teasing me or not being sarcastic to me.

"You can't contact them by yourself. I'll introduce you to them because they're my friends, I don't want them misunderstand that I 'sold' them away to you." I said trying to change his mind a little bit.

"Sold? Why would they think they're being sold out by you? I'm a Prince and if one of them end up to by my wife, they'll be my Queen." He said as he turned his chair around facing the windows.

"But still.. I need to be responsible."

"Very well then.. I'll let you know which one I like and I want you to introduce me to them as fast as you can." As fast as I can? Why is he.. rushing?

"You still have 5 months, why are you rushing?"

"I need to get to know that person before marrying them." He answered in a not so.. friendly tone.

"If I made you mad, I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention. I'll give you back the ring when we meet again."

"Just throw it away, I don't need that ring anymore." Once again, my heart dropped. I can't believe he asked me to throw the beautiful ring away.

"You can use it to your future wife." I said and he turned to me.

"Why would I use that? I will personalize a new ring for her. She's going to be my wife and I'm not going to re-use the same ring." He laughed dryly and that crunched my heart.

What a lucky girl..

"Okay, I'll throw it away then." I said but I choked in the middle of the sentence.

"Oh! Sorry for interrupting your.. heated session last week. I didn't mean to barge in." He said as he gave me a small smile. I sighed and I just gave him a nod. I got up from my seat and turned my body around.

"I'll let you know about the candidates around next week. I want you to introduce me to them on the charity event in Italy." Charity event? It's like.. 2 weeks away.

"Okay."

"Good and after that you can go back to your work. I won't bother you again, I need to focus on my wedding and then.. my coronation." He said and I turned to him. I felt my heart hurting and I bit my own lips hard trying to show no emotions.

"Good, I'll see you in two weeks then." I said and he gestured me to go. I walked out from his study room and leaned my body to the wall. I tried to make my breathing stable before going down and go to the airport.

He's seriously mad at me.

I walked downstairs and got into my car right away. I asked my chauffer to go straight to the airport. I'm going back to Paris.

I repeated Leo's words inside my head and I found myself having a really bad mood all of the sudden. Why is he making a really big deal out of this? Why am I feeling like this?

I seriously need to stop thinking about him. I might get bald in the future for wanting to rip my hair because of him.

"Make an appointment with my doctor, I have a really bad headache lately." I said to my secretary.

"Yes, Ms. Calland."