Chapter 3 - Next Week

Juliet Calland

I'm starting to have a headache talking to Leonardo. He's making me want to rip my hair off. I drank my glass of water and sat down on the sofa in his study room. Leonardo is currently looking at all the candidates that I've picked for him.

"Tell me which one you like and I will introduce you to them." I said as I put down my glass on the table.

"Jessica looks okay and I quite like.. uhmm Emilia." He said as he closed my file.

"Pick one, you're not going to have 2 wives." I said as I looked at him.

"I'm going to have 3 wives. I'll let you take the position of my first wife, Juliet." He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Just give me one name and I will arrange a meeting between you and her." I said sighing.

"Are you sure they're a good candidate?"

"Yes, Leo. They never involved in a crazy scandal and they all have a pretty good images." I said and he nodded.

"Why don't you prepare me another set of list?" Did I hear him right?

"Leonardo, I'm a busy woman. I'm a designer, not a full time matchmaker. Ask your sister, she's a model."

"She moved to America 2 weeks ago." Leo said and I facepalmed myself.

"If you don't want to find my other candidate is fine, we can start planning our wedding and-"

"Fine! I will.." I said cutting him. He grinned knowing that I will give another set of candidates.

"I'll be waiting, wife." He said and I got up from the sofa. I picked the black file from the table.

"I'll come back here again when I have the candidates."

"Nah, I'll go to you. Tell me if you have the new list, I'll go Paris." He said as he got up from his seat.

"Very well." I said as I slung my bag to my body.

"Stay for dinner."

"No thanks, I need to go back to Paris as soon as possible." I said as I took out my phone from my bag. I walked to the door but Leo grabbed my hand.

"What?" I asked as I keep my eyes to my phone.

"Juliet." I turned to him and crashed his lips to mine suddenly giving me a peck on my lips. My body froze and I looked at him speechless. He kissed me last week and now he kissed me again.

Last week, I got a lot of nightmares because of it. I kept thinking about the kiss again and again. It kept me awake at night and I cursed him for that.

"Have a safe flight, wife. I'll be waiting for a good news.. or you and I will say 'I do' in 6 months." He patted my hand and I slapped his hand away from me.

"If you dare to kiss me again, I will kick your balls and curse you to the end of the century." I said looking at him coldly. I wiped my lips and put a fist in front of him.

"Oops.. I thought you wanted me to kiss you." He teased me and I scoffed disbelief. I turned my body around and walked out from his study room. I walked out from the palace and got into the car to go straight to the airport.

"He's crazy!" I mumbled.

I landed in Paris and go straight to the office for a meeting. I have a big launching event in 2 weeks so I have to be ready for that.

I love my life in Paris, especially being in the fashion industry. I've been working with some famous brands for my next project and I'm hoping that people will love my new designs.

Preparing my events and preparing Leo's candidates at the same time was a really bad idea. I can't believe I'm working as his matchmaker. Because of him, I have a constant headache and lack of sleep.

I don't want to be his wife!

He's too boring to be with, too conservative, too formal sometimes and not to mention that he loves his books. He doesn't socialize a lot except mingling with his own people.

He hates me anyway so why the hell he wants me to be his wife?

Curse you Leonardo! I will find you a damn wife so you can stop bullying me. I will find a better candidate this time and I'm confident enough that he will like my new sets of candidates. I have some girls on my mind right now and I bet he will love it.

I closed my eyes to rest it for awhile before I have to go on a 3 hours night meeting. As soon as I closed my eyes, my brain replayed the kiss from earlier. I opened my eyes in horror.

I rather see a ghost than thinking about the kiss!

Ugh!

Curse Leonardo!

"Ms. Calland, your coffee." My secretary gave me my cup of coffee and we walked to the meeting room right away.

"Buy me a medicine, I'm having a bad headache." I said to her and she immediately left the meeting room. I checked some files before start the meeting.

My phone rang from my bag and I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Allo." I answered in French.

"I never thought you sound so sexy talking in French, wife." My eyes widen and I looked at the caller ID.

"What do you want?" I asked him in a cold tone.

"That's not a good tone to talk to your future-husband, wife."

"Stop calling me that!" I hissed.

"My parents want to see you and they called your parents too to talk about the wedding."

"I'm not marrying you!" I said it loudly and my employees looked at me confuse.

"Just cooperate.. they don't know that I asked you to find me a bride."

"I don't want to cooperate with you. I don't want them to get the wrong idea."

"If you don't want to cooperate with me, we will proceed the wedding in 6 months." I sighed hearing him.

"Fine! When?"

"That's my wife, come to Denmark next week."