31. Spiders & Anime

Start from the beginning

At the second floor, Josh came out of the elevator in attempt to corner you, but you quickly jumped from the rails and onto the next flight of stairs.

Twisting your ankle on the poor landing, you forced yourself to keep running. As you ran towards your car, you pulled the hood up and quickly entered. Not caring that you were being rushed and feeling unsafe, you backed out and drove off.

"Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry..." you whispered as you drove. Hoping that they didn't pursue you any further now that you drove away. Looking in the review mirrors to see if they did, the tears softly streaming down your cheeks when the flood of relief over washed you.

on the red light, you plugged in your phone and texted Alphys, asking if she could gather this mornings assignments for you and to apologize to the professors. She asked why, and if you were okay. You ignored her and turned right. Wiping away the tears, you tried to do the breathing exercise once more. Feeling much better now that you were near home - or the apartment, at least.

"Don't cry!" You say desperately, yet the tears still streamed down your face. Luckily, the pain in your ankle distracted you from your thoughts enough that you had the time to park and lean back. Inhaling softly with the tears slowly streaming down the sides of your face.

Walking down the street and to the café was slow. Each time you put pressure on your foot you could feel the sharp sting in your leg. It was no doubt swollen by this point but you had to force yourself to walk.

The 'closed' sign made you frown, slowly sitting down on the pavement and lean against the glass doors, your head resting against it with your eyes closed. Now that the adrenaline passed, you felt exhausted. You wanted to sleep and forget the feeling of dread loom over you whenever you thought of your brothers.

Not only that you were limited to the skeletons, you were also limited to everything you did; your brothers were assholes like that.

A soft click made you flinch and sit up to look up at Muffet, you blinked owlishly and laughed nervously. "Hi.."

"Hello dearie. I didn't realize you work today?." She said, helping you to your feet. You paused for a second, thinking of an excuse - but a hand cupped your cheek and a purple fingertip softly tracing over the little bump and bruise.

Muffet's warm expression shifted drastically. Her brows furrowed and her fifth eye tightly shut. "Who?" She asked, a soft undertone hiss.

"W-what?"

"Who did this to you?" She asked, her shoulders tensed. "I simply will tear whomever had done such harm to you, dearie." She huffed and continued to softly carcass your swollen cheek. "Let me ask once more; who did this to you?"

slowly moving away from her, you sighed softly and lightly cupped your cheek. "I'm used to it, i'll be fine."

Muffet frowned, clearly upset by your words. Softly grabbing your arm and begin to pull you towards the back - you hissed softly as you limped to keep up with her pace.

She slowed and apologized. The shadow around her eyes darkened noticeably as she helped you sit down and hastily went to the kitchen.

Slowly slipping off your shoe, you exhaled loudly at the release - there was no more pressure around your ankle and you couldn't help but moan. Lightly tracing your fingertips at the bruising, you sighed softly and leaned back, running a hand through your messy hair and frowned.

Muffet came back with a bowl, a white cloth and a bag of donuts.

"Y/n, dear." She started, giving you the bag and slowly sat down, placing the bowl on the table. "If you're unsafe at home you can tell me."