Broken

An innocent day trampled the moment I walk through the door. It's hopes and excitement broken with just one call.

You say that you cannot deal with this, that you have your own problems to cope with. What problems? This has nothing to do with me. I was not here. Yet I still bear the blame.

My gracious deeds are now the reason that something is broken. How can I break something I did not touch? I cleaned, worked and tried to help you, even though I have no stake in this home. When I folded your washing, you tossed mine on my bed.

He did this. Not me. He was the one who failed to grasp his own responsibilities. His plans I did not know. Even if I did, who am I that I should organise him. Pander to whims and folley. It is my own responsibilities that I claim.

You say your day is ruined because of that phone call. Yet it can only do that if you give it the power. What did I do? Where is my stake is this?

I tried to defended myself. Justify my actions. Nieve fool. I asked you why this was my fault. In anger you finally shouted that it wasn't. Instead because I am here, you are taking it out on me.

Honesty.

Well here is mine.

I want to see you when I am away. And yet when I am here, all I want is to be is somewhere else.

One more year and I will never have to ask for anything of yours again. Neither your time, your help, nor your opinion.

One more year and then you can decide if I am worth being your problem, worth being in your life. If you wish to see me that is your choice. I will be happy with mine.

Last night the light exploded in my face. Though the glass in my hair, and small cuts to my face, I took note of my supprising lack of injuries. Yet you did not comfort me.

You always taught me how to stand on my own two feet. Even if at times I was too scared to move for fear of stepping on glass.