Chapter Seventeen: Waiting

Start from the beginning

"Why are you lying?" Kyle asked. "It's obvious something happened."

"Well, nothing happened, so leave it alone." I said firmly.

"Just tell us what happened and we'll drop it." Marce said. "I promise."

"We slept together." I mumbled under my breath looking down at the food. "And talked."

"What was that again? Couldn't hear you under your mumbles." Raziel grinned.

"We talked." I said looking up. "AndIsleptwithhim." I said quickly. "Now drop it."

"That last part, please. It sounded to me like you said you slept with Ashton." Zyre grinned.

"Because I did." I said my face hot. "So what?"

"Is this true?" they asked Ashton. He just stared at me, obviously what I had said this morning still running through his mind.

"Don't. You. Dare." I said my gaze hard. He smirked.

"But you gave me the invitation to." Ashton said stalking towards me. "And you know how badly I want to."

"You know that I'll cut you if you come any closer." I warned.

"Afraid that if I touch you you'll something you'll regret?" Ashton asked inching closer.

"No, because I won't regret anything." I said honestly. "You know why I can't."

"It's just an excuse." Ashton said.

"I liked it better when I was making you suffer." I said turning the heat off and moving away from him.

"I liked it better when you were in my bed." Ashton said.

"Yeah, well that won't be happening again for a while. So cherish that memory." I said backing up into a wall. Ashton trapped me with his arms.

"Something tells me you'll be back in bed with me, under different circumstances and conditions." Ashton said. "Soon."

"Slow down, cowboy. I haven't forgiven you yet." I said pressing my hand to his chest, pushing him back. "So I think you need to hold fast to your belt, someone's getting ahead of himself."

"No, cupcake. There's no reason for me to abide by your rules when you've motivated me to do the opposite." Ashton grinned.

"I don't want you back just yet." I said my hands on my hips. "Besides you slept with Kara."

"And how would you like to meet her tomorrow?" Ashton asked. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Slick, but not slick enough. What do you think is gonna happen tonight? You think I'm gonna pop back up in your room in nothing and let you ravish me? You think I'm gonna give myself up to you that easily? Yeah, no." I said backing away.

"I know you won't." Ashton said. "Which is why I'm giving you this opportunity now, so you can get it out your system." I thought about it for a minute before I had my answer.

"No." I said firmly. "Go to work by yourself and flirt with your dumb Australian secretary. I'm better than this, and you're not off the hook." I said walking away from him.

"Still jealous." Ashton said. I just laughed.

"I'm as jealous of her as you're jealous of Caspian." I retorted. Ashton growled. "Ooh."

"Wait, wait, wait, who's Caspian?" Kyle asked.

"Her ex-demon boyfriend." Ashton said in disgust.

"Oh, awkward." Zyre muttered.

"I should have slept with him." I grinned. "Oh, wait... I have." when I turned to Ashton his face had fallen, and so did everyone else's.