Chapter 40//Troye

Start from the beginning

"You two are just fucking perfect for each other." He looks me in the eye and he just looks sad. His eyes are cold and hard almost sad to the point of not seeing any emotion at all. He stares at me for a moment before his eyes flick to his ratty trainers. "Tyler said that last thing to me yesterday when we talked. You both are telling me the exact same thing. You don't know what it feels like to be in love with someone who doesn't love you back." My jaw drops again. He's still in love with Tyler. How the fuck is he still in love with Tyler after all of the shit that has happened?

"Don't you dare fucking tell me what I don't know!" Screaming at him defensively not caring about the people milling around us and giving us weird looks. I quite my voice before continuing. "Austin do you not remember that one night when we had a few drinks a couple weeks before Christmas break? When we went to that hill and I told you about how I had been desperately in love with my best friend. I fell in love when I was in seventh grade with someone who had been my friend for eight years. Someone who I knew was straight. Someone who I never had the slightest chance with. Remember how I told you that I didn't do anything about it until a week before I left for my freshman year? Yeah I told Josh that I was gay because he didn't know yet even though he was my best friend. I told him that I was in love with him and he punched me in the face. Josh told me that was a faggot that didn't deserve to be on this earth. I swear Josh was never homophobic until that moment. He said so many cruel things to me then he walked away and I haven't seen him since then."

Austin's face drops in shock when I tell him that. He really doesn't remember me pouring out my heart and bawling when I told him that. He's more of a fucking dick then I thought. We were hardly buzzed how would he not remember that? I hate him. I hate him.

"You are the worst fucking excuse for a human being there is in the entire universe. I was bawling my eyes out when I told you that. Austin I poured my fucking heart out and you don't even remember. You are a fucking piece of shit." I don't care how many people are around us. I'm screaming those words desperately hoping that he might get something through his thick fucking skull.

Austin looks fiery with anger. He looks like he wants to kill someone and I look around desperately hoping that one of my friends will come rescue me. I hear Austin moving closer to me and I duck anticipating him trying to hurt me. I turn to see Connor and Tyler pinning Austin to the side of one of the buildings. I step closer so I can hear them talking but I stay out of their reach.

"What did I tell you, Austin?" Tyler says in Austin's ear and Connor moves so he has a better grip on Austin. "Connor do something. I'm going to go enjoy the day in town with my wonderful boyfriend."

Tyler wraps an arm around me and starts leading me back to our room. I hear Austin grunt behind me but I don't look back. I bury my head into Tyler's shoulder just wanting to be as close to him as possible. We make it to our room and I get the stuff that I need to go to town together then turn to Tyler.

"How much of that did you hear?" I ask and Tyler looks at his cute navy blue TOMS instead of at me. His hands fiddle at his side's for a second before he says,

"That whole last part." He looks up at me and I actually feel a little weight lift from my chest. At least I don't have to tell that story again. I'm relieved that he heard it actually. Tyler opens his arms and I step into them as tears start to brim my eyes. I don't want to remember Josh. I don't want to think about Josh. Tyler's arms are tight around me pulling all my broken pieces back together.

"I love you, Troye. Happy Valentine's Day." he mutters in my ear tightening his grip before he pulls back letting his arms drape loosely around my waist. I stare into his greeny blue eyes for a while before remembering that I need to reply.