Wedding and Reception

Business as usual. I could do that. I think.
What I don't think I can do is lie to Ben. I have to tell him. Only one problem. I promised I wouldn't talk about it. Plus Ben might get a little defensive. What to do...

I thought about it while out tasting cakes with Pepper and Jackie.
"Heyy. What's up Alpha?" Pepper questioned. She only called me Alpha when she knew I had Pack related issues on my mind. I cant tell them.
I had to say something or I'd never hear the end of it.
"Oh nothing just thinking about the wedding." I sighed. "Wedding blues I guess. Ill get over it" I smiled.
Pepper shrugged and walked it off.
Thank god she didn't press further or I would have totally spilled everything.

A few hours or so later, everything is setup and the cake will be here any minute.
Im dressed, hair up, make up done, and ready to get this over with. Im not upset that I'm getting married or that I don't want to be with Ben. I DO! In just worried about Alpha Alexander and Alpha John. John said to act normal, I'm trying but what can I do when a man is plotting to kill me, my pack and my already broken family.

All I can do is pretend its not happening and make today a good one. Its my wedding day after all.
I hear the pack pilling into their seats and pepper knocking on the brides room door.
"Hey babe, you ready for the greatest day of your life!?" Pepper called in as she opened the door and helped me with my vail.

"Yup, never better" I studdered trying to cover my cracking voice.
"Nervous huh?" Pepper chuckled. "Its ok to be nervous, and don't worry. Ben said he had no intention of taking Alpha from you untill you're ready. Sure they will call him Alpha and you Luna now but you're still head of this pack. Everyone will respect that." Pepper smiled reassuringly while squishing my shoulders softly.
"And if they don't?" I whispered my voice trembling.
"Then I'll kill them myself. You're my bestfriend Skye. I may not be you're Beta but i will be right beside you all the way. Thats my vow as you're made of honor" pepper chuckled to herself as she posed in a 'heroic' way.
We shared a laugh and headed for the chairs and arch in the back yard, where the wedding ceremony will take place.

Pepper walks down the aisle in front of me. She takes her place next to the podium with Jackie and Ruby, Jasons sister.

Ruby just got back from Europe, she went to 'find herself' or something like that. She changed the story so many times I forgot why she went in the first place. I think before she left that she was 'taking time off before college' but when she got back she had found herself and now wants to go into wine making or something like that.
Ruby had short, black pixie hair with pink and blue highlights. Bright yellow eyes, nose ring, opposite eyebrow ring and 4 earrings on each ear. She also one long thin braid runing down the right side tucked behind her ear.

On the left side if the podium stood Ben, Jason, and Max.
Max was Bens cousin. He came down to visit Ben and met Ruby. Turns out they make a great pair. When max showed up last week they met and found out they are mates. So when Max leaves Ruby will be going with him. Or thats the idea anyway.

My handsome Ben. Smileing like that makes me feel better about everything going on. I see a tear leave his eye and he quickly wipes it away hoping no one saw. 'I saw that babe' I chuckled in mind link.
'Psh you saw nothing' he laughed back. I smirked and looked down at the bouquet in my hands. When I looked up I was at the altar, standing next to the man of my dreams.

A few long verses from the wedding officiant and we finally get to the vows. "Do you, Bentley Keith, take, Skye Lyons, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in full moon and in new moon, in pack war and in peace, as long as you both shall live?"
"I vow to give myself only to you Skye, for you are my one true mate. Till the end of my time" Ben smiled. I could see in his eyes he ment every word.
"And do you, Skye Lyons, take, Bentley Keith, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in full moon and in new moon, in pack war and in peace, as long as you both shall live? And do you vow to protect your pack, your mate, and your Blood Moon family as long as you remain Luna and head of this pack. In riches or in rags, in prosperity or in ruins, as long as their are pack members to lead?" The thought terrified me. In ruins? Why would he say in ruins? I shook it of and responded with as strong a voice I could muster.
" I vow to give myself only to you Ben, for you are my one true mate. Till the end of my time. And I Vow to protect my pack, my mate, and my Blood Moon family no matter what troubles may come. For this is my home, my life, and my love. Till my final breath I will fight for you. My family." I spoke as I turned arms open while talking to the pack. They all cheered.

Once they were quite again the officiant continued.
"Then by the power vested in me but your father" he smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder. "He would be so proud of you." He whispered with a smile.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife, and pronounce you Luna and leader of the blood moon pack! You may now kiss your mate"
Ben leaned down and hugged me around the waist as he picked me up and kissed me.

"LUNA! LUNA! LUNA!!" The pack cheered as Ben and I went down the aisle, followed by Pepper, Max, Jason, Ruby, and Jackie.

An hour later I was changed into a shorter white dress and we were all back in the back yard for the reception. A few pack members expressed how proud my father would be, how proud they are to call me Luna, and how happy they are to see me married.

After a few moment me and Jason went to the dance floor. As my father wasnt here Ben and Jason agreed that because Jason is Beta and was Beta to my father that he would have the father/daughter dance with me. "I know you heard this alot today but I'm gonna say it anyway. You're father would be proud. Really." He smiled as he hugged me.
"I know I'm just worried I'm gonna let him down, especially with this whole Alpha Alexander thing." I sighed.
"Its gonna be ok. Im here to help you Skye. Thats my vow as you're Beta. I promise." He kissed my cheek as the song ended. He passed my hand to Ben. "Shes all yours" he smiled as he walked away.

"What were you guys talking about?" Ben asked smirking.
"Just about my father" I smiled. The rest of the dance was quite. We just enjoyed eachother presence. Holding eachother. I felt like I wasnt even touching the gorund. I could feel my father smiling on me from heaven.

After the dance we cut the cake and shared funny storys with the pack and visa versa. Hours later everyone went home.
Pepper, Jackie, and I went to my room, Jason and Ben stayed in the living room playing video games.

It was around 12am when pepper and jackie went to their room for bed. Ben got undressed and crawled into be with me. We were both wayy to tired to....consummate the marriage as one would say and just fell asleep. Maybe tomorrow, I thought as all went black.

{AUTHOR'S NOTE.}
I'm soooo sorry it took so long to come out with this chapter. Forst i had writers block, then my kid was having problems with his chooling and now covid I just never have the time I used to. I will try harder to stay up with publishing chapters.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!! ❤❤❤