18

"So... you're really not upset that you're off the team?"

Elias shrugs, fixing his hood on his hoodie whilst I pull into our school's parking lot.

"I could care less. That football shit was not for me."

I snicker, turning off the car. "What are you gonna do now then? Baseball?"

"Yup. What I'm use to."

Turning in my seat to look at him, I smirk. "I can't wait to see you play. See what all the fuss is about."

"My trophies are not fuss," Elias scoffs, smiling. "They're proof that I'm that nigga on the field."

"Mhm, okay. Off the field too apparently," I tease, gathering my belongings.

He smirks back, head lowering with an expression that almost seems shy. I find it adorable that I can reduce him to such.

"I'm gonna miss you," I say, reaching over to pinch his ear.

We spent the whole weekend with each other — doing things to each other. It'll be weird to act like nothing happened as soon as our parents return today.

He snorts, looking out the window. "Why? We're just going to school and we have a whole ass class together."

"I know but still. It's not the same and when we get home it'll be even worse."

He turns to look at me pouting, his big pink lips looking so juicy and kissable.

"I won't be able to kiss you anymore."

His blank face breaks out into a smile. A wide genuine smile that makes my insides flutter with warmth.

"Who said that?"

I raise a brow. "Me! Are you trying to get caught?! What would we tell our parents?"

He rolls his eyes. "They won't find out if you don't make it obvious."

"I'm not obvious," I blurt, face warming as I think of how I was walking the other day.

I'm still kind of sore today but that's besides the point.

He eyes me in amusement. "Right. Well you know where my room is."

"Oh word?" I smirk. "You trynna get nasty even though our parents are going to be home?"

I push his shoulder in disbelief and he lets out a sound. "Who said anything about getting nasty?"

"Oh, we're going to get nasty. Trust me."

'*'

"Mr. Busigó? Can you please pass out these worksheets for me?"

I sigh internally, standing up from my seat and walking over to where my teacher is holding out papers for me.

LJ smirks my way, Chris rambling on to him about something he doesn't seem remotely interested in. When I get to their shared desk I hear Chris scoff.