Moments

I do not own any of the characters, places, magic or any of the Harry Potterness.  They belong to the wonderful JK Rowling who I love loads for creating the HP series and the magic. The song doesn't belong to me either, that belongs to One Direction. The pictures don't belong to me either.

 I'd also like to say thank you to 1D_TW_love for suggesting me this song which has given me the motivation to write again :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moments - One Direction 

Heart racing. 

Lungs gasping.

Fear invading.

Moments passing.

He raced up the stairs flight after flight. Adrenaline coursed through his veins, seeping through every part of his body, to every nerve, to every fibre and making him numb to his surroundings: the shrieks, the sobs, the smell of blood. Only one thing was on his mind. He had to get to her. He needed to see her.

He ran past many injured and bumped into many people but didn’t even bother to acknowledge them. He didn’t register the familiar faces. He didn’t notice the wounded or dying. And even if he had, if his brain wasn’t in so much havoc, he would’ve pretend to not notice. Such a selfish act it would have been but he had priorities. His priority was her.

 His damp platinum hair clung to his pale skin. Sweat beaded on his forehead and trickled down his face. He could taste the saltwater on his lips that had combined with dust and blood. His eyes were bloodshot. His stormy grey eyes sparkled with pain and desperation. Moments had gone. Moments were passing. How many moments were left?

She wouldn’t have been in this situation if he had arrived a few moments earlier. He’d kept her waiting in the hall full of chaos. Many colours of lights danced across the hall corrupting and fusing with each other. Each light came from a person’s wand: men’s, women’s and children’s. Each person had an opponent, their flare trying to battle and overpower the other’s. Some were overwhelmed and overpowered. Many fell down, their eyes dilated with fear frozen on their face.

But this was the finale of the Light and Dark.  

Debris crumbling.

Statues exploding.

People falling.

Moments passing.

He had arranged to meet with her in the main entrance of the school during the time where the final decision of whether Light or Dark would prevail would be in the hands of the The Boy Who Lived and The Dark Lord. They each had their own roles in the battle, her fighting for what she believed and him deciding to follow her path to the Light. They had parted ways to fulfil their roles in promise to stay alive. That was his biggest regret – leaving her.            

As The Dark Lord and The Boy Who Lived circled around each other, this had been the perfect time for him to escape and see her. Everyone around the duel was still and silent, each anticipating the moments to come. No other light was in the room apart from the green and red coming from the wands of the two duellers. The flares battled furiously, creating a bright white spark as they combined. The two were fuelling so much power that watcher-by’s stared in awe.

He assumed that the whole castle would be like that, waiting for the final moments to come. But he was wrong.

As he ran into the front hall, everything was the opposite of the Great Hall he had just come from. Fires had erupted in places and several green lights were aimed to kill. In the chaos and hustling bodies, he tried to search for her. As his eyes scanned the hall, he found his girl.