~His Special Someone~

Manik's POV

As soon I entered the mansion it was awfully silent and for the first time in my life I hated the silence of this mansion. From the time when Nandhini and I got married, the house was always filled with her and princess's laughter or their talks and for once it felt like home. But now it's just a huge mansion for me.

The home which a part of me loved to return to was now looking like a doom to me. The life of the mansion was missing and I only hope that it's just for this night.

I reach the guest room and stand at the door contemplating whether I should knock the door or not. But I decided the latter and move to my room. When I entered the mansion Lucy told me that Nandhini had told that she will be in the guest room. I knew very well that this piece of information was not for me. But when I moved up I saw clearly that Lucy was giving me the cold stare and I knew very well that she must have some idea what would have happened.

I will talk with Nandhini and clear the air that it was just a misunderstanding and I didn't intend to tell her those. She will see the truth behind my words and she will forgive me, right. F**k

My thoughts sound inconsiderate too me myself. Then how is it possible that it will work out. No way in hell would it. But I won't give up, I will try until she gives in. With that I reached my room and opened the door. But as soon as I entered I could feel Nandhini presence in the room. It was like she had left behind her scent in here.

With a big sigh I went to closet and took out my night wear. I changed into my night wear and I was about to sleep when the door slowly opened. With a hope that Nandhini had returned I looked at the door to find Shalu rubbing her sleepy eyes. She let out a big yawn and looked here and there around the room. But the next word she said broke my heart "Nandi maa."

She called out for Nandhini. Now how do I explain her that she is not here and she is angry because of me. Shalu will surely kill me. So I went to her and picked her up in my arms. "So Shalu doesn't want to spend time with her Daddy" and she just shook her head in no. "Nandi maa............" her voice held some kind of desperation and some fear that I immediately became alert.

"What happened princess, tell Daddy" I cooed to her rubbing her hair smoothly. She then rested her head on my shoulder and sucked her thumb. Usually I dislike her this habit and I always remove her hand, but for now I let it slip. Then something hit "Was it a nightmare baby" I asked her and she nodded her head.

I just rubbed her hair to calm her down and went to the bed with her in my arms. I then gently laid her on the middle of the bed and laid next to her. "Daddy can you read me a bedtime story" she said and I looked at her not knowing what to do. "Nandi maa always read me a story" she said. "Okay, but where is your book then" I asked her to which she showed me the book which was on the table.

I took the book and rested myself on the bed with the upper half of my body leaning on the headboard and the lower half on the bed. Shalu came and cuddled to my side with her head resting on my chest. And she then sucked her thumb again. I placed the book on my stomach and started to read her the story. Half way through the book I felt her normal breathing and so I kept the book aside. Making her sleep in a comfortable position I slept beside her.

The next morning when I woke up, I went towards the dining room to fetch myself a glass of water when I found Nandhini cooking. She was doing her work very gracefully, just like a swan. But something was missing, the glow in her eyes. And it's all because of, yours truly.

I will change this very soon.....!

"Nandhini............." I called her and she froze in her place for a second but the responded with a hmmm. "I am..............I...........am sorry" I said to her in a whisper. "Your breakfast is ready Mr.Malhotra and do you know where candyfloss is, cause she was not in her room" she said easily avoiding my question.