It was Dylan, he hovered over a tied up Murray in a steel chair, pocket-knife out. The small walled off room wasn't very secure, but no one obviously dared to go anyway that didn't have when other people when they were on boss's premises. 

"You can't have them," Murray growled. 

"Oh we can and we will, Carter'll be good for business, Charlie with make a good... maid."

I snapped. Bolting through the sticky, concrete ground I grabbed Dylan by the neck, making him release the pocket knife. 

"Carter!" Murray snapped. "What are you doing you idiot?!"

"Keeping Dylan from carving your face off," I answered, shoving an unconscious Dylan to the ground. 

"I was fine!" Murray yelled as I untied him. "YOU'RE the minor in this situation Car-Blade!" Murray wiped his sweaty face with his hand. "I'm just trying to keep you and your sister safe for crying out loud! I knew the risks in taking this job, heck I even dragged you and Hunter into it. I made my bed and I'm going to lie in it."  

I shook my head. "Like you said, you dragged me into it. I'm going to help you but first we gotta get out of here."

Murray huffed and stalked out, I kept up after him. We made it to the main area of the Dug Out and snuck out through the back. 

"Hold on," Murray stopped when we made it out of the building. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

I shrugged. "When a guy throws a brick though your car window, it's more of a 'find out who's trying to kill you instead of doing Algebraic equations' situation."

Murray chuckled and we drove separately back home. 

~~~

"Why are we packing? Hello? Carter?" Charlie poked me while I was trying to zip up my suitcase. 

"Reasons," I answered vaguely. "Drop it Char, please."

Charlie groaned and rolled her eyes, stomping out of the room and slamming the door behind her. 

"Dude," the door creaked open. "Did you really choke Dylan unconscious?"

I muttered under my breath and stood up with the suitcase. "Yeah Hunt, I did."

"Awesome."

"You are the strangest person sometimes bro," I shook my head and exited the room, putting the rest of my things by the door. 

"That's everything," I mumbled to Murray. 

"Good."

"Where are we staying exactly?"

Murray sighed. "A friend's."

I was hoping for a lengthier answer but by now, vague answers didn't surprise me anymore. 

"I want to know where we're going." A voice persisted. Emily stood behind me, her arms crossed and her face looking irritated. "You guys have been acting weird ever since Charlie and Carter moved in. I'm not five anymore, I'm almost a teenager."

"Em, please," Murray pleaded. "Please know that it's for your own good. Maybe I'll explain in the future."

The blonde 12-year-old stormed out of the room and slammed her door. Charlie stood up from her seat in the living room to talk to her. 

"I don't like this honestly," Hunter piped up. "So you killed a guy, he was trying to kidnap Charlie and Carter."

"Boss was part of it," Murray explained. "Mr. Landon couldn't pay for the drugs boss sold to him, so he used his own kids for payment. Now it's open season for the Landon siblings."