Chapter Fourteen

Hello! Chapter 14! EEEEEPPPP. Also 133 reads??? I'm a happy girl. So anywayyyy, there's Emily's aesthetic, that's how I pictured her but you can imagine her as whoever;) Real quick, what are your thoughts on the song 'Fly me to the Moon'? I have been in love with it lately. 

Enjoy <3

Chapter Fourteen

~~~

C A R T E R

"Carter."

Saturday evenings were amazing, for me. No fighting, no homework... sometimes. I could just be a normal teenager. Me, Murray and Hunter were in the sitting room playing video games while Emily and Charlie were doing... whatever. Playing with Barbies or whatever girls do at that age. 

"Hello? Carter?" Charlie pressed on, waving her hand in front of my face. 

"Hold on Charles..." I replied, my eyes still glued to the screen. 

"Whatever," my sister scoffed. "Just thought you'd want to know that your favorite pair of sweats are being flushed down the toilet."

I choked on my Mountain Dew and paused my game, bolting to the bathroom. Sure enough the toilet was overflowing, Emily seemed to have given up because she on the bathroom counter playing on her phone. 

"What happened?" I exclaimed. 

"Charlie flushed your sweatpants down the toilet," Emily answered, not looking up from her phone. 

"I see that Em, why?"

She just shrugged!

Girls are a species I will never understand.

"First of all we're not a species," Charlie snapped from behind me, I realized I had said that out loud. "Second of all, your pants were stuffed in the toilet because I found my favorite pair of Nikes buried in the backyard."

Whoa she found those? It had been at least two years since Hunter and I did that to get back at Charlie. I don't even remember what my eleven-year-old sister had done at the time. 

 "Jeez that was forever ago," I reminisced. 

"Not to me! These were thirty bucks!" Charlie hollered, swinging her dirty pair of shoes in my face. "For an eleven year, that's a small fortune."

"Whatever, I'll just buy new ones," I waved, walking past Charlie. 

"You're going to buy me new shoes?" Charlie asked cautiously. "Are you feeling okay?"

"No I'm going to buy myself new sweatpants," I said in a duh tone. 

"Just when my faith in humanity was about to be restored... no, no that faith died with Mom."

I looked back at my younger sister regretfully, she said it so casually it almost scared me. I didn't want this to be something she just 'got used to'. 

"Charlie-"

"I have homework. Adios brother."

All I heard after that was a slam... but not from Charlie.