"I was hoping we could talk," Damon says, clearing his throat. I look between him and Elena and shake my head. 

    "Sorry, I'm here with my sister," I say, letting Elena lead me inside. Elena smiles, as Damon leaves the house and we walk further into the house. 

    "Stefan?" Elena calls out. So Elena officially broke up with him last night, so why are we here? I don't know. There's a creek behind us and when we look back, the door is open. "Stefan?" Elena calls out again. 

   "Yes?" We both look forward again and Stefan is standing at the top of the stairs.

     "Where is Vicki?" Elena asks, holding onto my wrist tighter. 

    "She's upstairs." Stefan fully walks downstairs. 

"What happens now?" Elena asks. "Because my brother is out there searching for her with the rest of the town," Elena informs him. "What do we tell him?"

   "I'm working with her, but it's going to take time. She's a very volatile and impulsive personality. She's a drug user. I mean, all that's gonna play a part in how she responds to this." Stefan explains. 

     "So she's a vampire with issues?" Elena asks with a frown. "What am i supposed to do? Because we are lying to everyone we care about." 

    "What's gonna happen to her?" I ask, shifting uncomfortably. Stefan looks to me and sighs. 

    "I'm gonna keep her here with me until i know they she's safe." 

    "And how long is that?" We all look up to see Vicki standing there on the stairs. 

   "We can talk about that later." Stefan nods. Vicki groans and rolls her eyes. 

    "Hey, Vicki, how are you?" Elena asks. 

"How am i? You're kidding right?" She scoffs. Elena and Stefan look down awkwardly as i roll my eyes. 

    "Still lovely as ever i see."

__________

      A little while later, Elena and I were sat on the other end of the table while Vicki and Stefan were having another lesson on 'How to be a Good Vampire'. "Coffee is our friend. It's the caffeine. It circulates through our veins, and it warms our body so we're not so cold to the touch." He explains to her. 

    "Well, what if i wanna drink human blood?" Vicki shrugs. 

     "You're gonna have to learn to live with that urge and fight it on a daily basis on day at a time." 

   "Oh god, don't start with that whole twelve steps thing." Vicki groans. "The school counselor has been down that road, and it doesn't work for me." 

     "It can work," Stefan argues. "It's your choice, Vicki." 

    Vicki stares at Stefan and then smirks. "So you've never tasted human blood?" 

    Stefan stares at Vicki as Elena and I watch him carefully. "Not in a long time." 

    "How long?" 

"Years and years. I'm not proud of my past behavior." Elena and I look to each other and then back to Stefan, he really is trying to be good.

    "Does this sketchy feeling ever go away?" Vicki asks. "It's like i have a massive hangover. This daylight thing is a bitch, too." Vicki stands up and sighs. "I need more blood. Where's your bathroom? I have to pee. Why do i have to pee? I thought i was dead." She complains. 
    The three of us share a look and then Stefan sighs.