It's not over yet

A preview of the next (and probably final) book

Later as mal and I were on our way to jane's birthday party with our presents in hand, audrey appears in a cloud of pink smoke. "I was hoping you were home." She says to mal and I "Is this a joke? What are you doing with the crown and the scepter?" I ask her in confusion.  "Well, I wanted them, so I took them. And you two, of all people should understand that." She says looking at us in anger.  "Wait, Audrey, stop! Don't use that."  "I thought you liked spells."  "Okay, Audrey, you're better-" Mal attempts to reason "Quiet!" Audrey screams at her. "It's not a toy. It's dangerous." Mal warns. "I want to be dangerous. My life was perfect until you stole it. And then Auradon turned its back on me. Well, it's time for a little payback." Audrey tells her and I frown. "Audrey, wait!" I shout but she uses the scepter pink smoke fills the air and I protectively cover my stomach with both hands. "You think anyone will love you now, you old hag?" She asks and the pink smoke clears. I look myself over and don't see anything wrong, only to look over at mal and find she's old.  "You'll pay the price of what you did and so will all of Auradon." "Audrey this isn't you!" I shout at her and she smirks as the group comes out of the castle. 

"So long, suckers!" I watch as audrey disappears in a cloud of  pink smoke. "Whoa! You might wanna think of a spell for that." Carlos says and I shake my head. "There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the scepter." Mal explains. "Well, that's a shame." Jay says and mal tosses him a glare. "Forget about me. Audrey's out for revenge. And all of Auradon is in danger." She says to me. "What should we do?" Evie asks worriedly "The only thing more powerful than the scepter..." Mal starts and then trails off. I think for a moment and then snap my fingers. "Mom's magic, the scepter's magic can be undone by mom's magic, by our magic mal. The only other alternative is-" "is Hades' ember." Mal cuts me off with and then shakes her head. "Oh!" Evie exclaims. "Like he's just gonna hand it over, give them back to the Isle." Jay says sarcastically. "And no one knows where his lair is." Evie adds. "I do. I'm his errand rat. I've got the key at my dad's." Celia speaks up. 

"You're coming." Mal tells her and she rolls her eyes. "But I just got here." She argues "Mal?" Dizzy asks from the doorway where the twins, CJ and the sanderson cousins are, looking concerned. "Dizzy, you CJ and the cousins need to stay here to take care of the twins. We'll be right back and everything will be just fine. Go inside." I instruct in a motherly tone and dizzy nods.  "Guys, go get your stuff." I hear evie telling carlos, jay, gil and harry. "Come on, guys, let's go." CJ tells the others and herds them inside. I turn around and only evie and mal are left outside. "How bad is it?" Mal asks and I laugh lightly. "You age beautifully. Now, let's just get you into something fabulous." Evie assures her and she smiles. "Okay." Mal says and shuffles along slowly. "Come on." Evie says, wrapping her arm around mal's and letting her lean on her.  "Okay. Oh, yeah, there we go. Okay. Almost there." Evie comforts as they shuffle a little faster.  

What next? Well head on over to And in the end I'd do it all again the fourth (probably final) book to see.