Chapter 4

Hope Buckley

"So," I begin, munching on my all time favorite lunch, nachos. "Are you coming tonight? mom said you could bring Evelyn" I offer, knowing she loves to bring her sister. Or maybe her sister makes her bring her.

    "Maybe, I asked my dad, but he hasn't answered" Brooklyn answers, her attention alsewhere. I had thought awhile ago that she'd had a crush on my brother, but the way she acted towards him, there was no way that's what it is. She's so standoffish with him. I can tell she watches what she says and where she is. So maybe she's just weary of guys. her dad works a lot and is barely home, from what I know, and she only has one sister, so I just figure she isn't used to being around boys. As far as I know, she's never had a crush either. it's odd, what teenage girl doesn't talk about a boy even once.

    "Looking for Grey?" I ask her and she looks at me suddenly.

    "More like bridget" She says, and I smile, nodding.

    "Right-"

    "hey" She says, me having her full attention for the first time today. "No x-ray vision, please I don't need shrink Hope" She says and I smile.

    "But I love to shrink you!- Sometimes you need it!" I exclaim and she sighs, sitting back.

    "Fine" She concedes, but before I have time to tell her what I think, Bridget sits down beside Brooklyn.

    "Hi, girls" She greets, slinging her purse on the back of her chair.

    "Where's my brother?" I ask.

    "he got stopped by Morgan, I ran while I could"

    "You left him with Morgan Felasky?" I ask her, huffing. Looking to the left to find him talking to Morgan. She's one of the bitchiest, popular girls in school. The only nice thing she ever did was be friends with April. I suck in my lip, looking to Brooklyn.

    "Can you?-"

    "I'm on it" She counters, standing as she walks to the mouth of the cafeteria.