Chapter 2: What Hell She Brings

Start from the beginning

"It's fine. Fiona is giving me and Rique a run for our money but it's nothing we can't handle."

Oriel smiled. "I don't doubt you couldn't. She has a werewolf and a vampire watching her so, that's a hard team to beat."

"Exactly. How are you? Your parents told me they found you a new bodyguard and wanted me back but.. of course I'm all tied up. I'm sorry, sweetie."

"It's fine. This new one is good." Oriel spared a glance Scarlett's way and her eyes were on her.

"Oh, great. That's good. A vampire or human?"

Oriel chuckled. "A vampire this time."

Ash snickered into the phone. "Good, I'm sure they will protect you just as good as me if not better. And sorry to wrap up this call so soon but Fiona wants me to accompany her to a party. I gotta go. I love you. Be safe."

"I love you too." The call ended and Oriel sighed. She wanted her to help her with her speech. Oriel sat down onto the bed and walked over to grab one of her bags and pulled her laptop out. "You alright, your majesty? Still nervous?"

"Well, I wanted Ash to help me with my speech but she's busy." Oriel shrugged, sitting on her bed and booted her laptop up. "I can help you with it."

Oriel rose a brow lifting her head and nodded. "Oh, really? Whatcha got?"

"Well, I've been in the army so, I know what would encourage those in this current situation."

Oriel leaned in, intrigued. "Do tell." She quickly pulled up a word document and began typing as Scarlett spoke.

A few hours later and Oriel's speech was all typed out. She would talk for about five minutes or longer if needed before the end and she'd meet a few of the soldiers, share her condolences for their first losses and then be back at her hotel. Easy enough. "Wow, thank you so much, I think I can actually do this now." Oriel smiled up at Scarlett and she gave a smile back. "You're very welcome, Oriel. I'm always here if you need anything." She winked and Oriel nodded, looking over to the door as a knock interrupted them. "I think that's your dinner." Scarlett left the room to open the door and a young adult male walked inside. Oriel met them in the dining area, eager to take a bite. She ate briefly before her competition but it wasn't much blood. She didn't want cramping when she was trying to skate. She sat him down and immediately bit into his neck, taking a deep long pull as Scarlett looked away. She was done in a few moments and she pulled away from the male, licking her lips. "I'll show him out." Scarlett offered and Oriel nodded, turning away.

"Thank you, I'm just going to shower and get ready for bed."

Scarlett nodded, watching the queen walk off into her room. As soon as she heard the door close she tightened her grip on the humans arm as she walked out of the door with him. Two guards stood at the door and she motioned for one of them to walk inside. She had to retire for a tiny moment.. She hurried over to the elevator with the human and pushed him inside, folding her arms across her chest as she waited to reach the bottom floor. She was starving but didn't want leftovers from him, her eyes roamed the human male. Besides there were other ways for her to get sustenance. She wasn't like other vampires...

As the elevator stopped she took ahold of the male's arm and walked him over to the Donor Mobile staff, they delivered donors on the go to vampires like a food delivery service. She handed him over and began searching for someone that looked good enough to take for a quick spin. She noticed a few pretty Asian women walking into the hotel and she rose a brow and smirked walking over to one of them, with a short pink sequin dress and silver heels on. She bowed slightly, moving a hand to quickly grab hers and kiss the back of it. "I've never seen someone so gorgeous, love, you even put the queen's beauty to shame." Scarlett smirked, allowing her fangs to peak out from her lips. The girl giggled, blushing and replied in Chinese. Scarlett spoke the language effortlessly and asked if she'd like to go somewhere a bit more private. She agreed and Scarlett led the young woman into the bathroom and into a stall. She locked it behind them. "I hope this isn't too unpleasant for you." She continued in Chinese. The girl shook her head, leaning into kiss Scarlett deeply and Scarlett's eyes flashed, a sparkle of orange gleamed in her eyes as energy meandered into her body from the woman's kiss. So innocent and sweet. She tasted great. The woman's kisses only got hungrier, compared to how sweet the first one was and Scarlett could tell she didn't know what was going on. All part of the plan. Scarlett snickered into the kiss as she moved a hand to undo the woman's dress and let it fall from her shoulders. The woman's essence was hers with every kiss, touch and moan. Her energy revived her, gave her almost as much life as blood did. She couldn't live without either now and she was fine with it. It was the price she paid for such power..