It was quiet.

I held my breath.

I exhaled.

The only sound, for a few seconds, was both our breathing -- until Katsuki sucked in a sharp breath and spoke.

"Deku," He sighed and I sunk my teeth into the flesh of my bottom lip to stop myself from whimpering. What was it about him that reduced me to my Omegan nature? That nickname. He hadn't used it since he was a child. That stupid nickname that was originated as a way to call me useless. However, it only made my insides twist with the familiarity of the name paired with his voice.

"Hi," I whispered, not being able to say much else. I gripped the phone tighter, my fingers flexing around the device pressed to the side of my head. I hadn't been prepared for my reaction; I thought I would have just powered through. My anger at him seemed to vanish with the sweetness of his voice -- and that confused me.

"Are you okay?" He finally said and I swallowed. Was I?

"Yeah," I cleared my throat. Why wasn't he yelling? I blocked him. I ran out on him. I didn't say a word to him and dipped out of his life before he even woke up. I swallowed around the lump in my throat.

"Where are you?" He asked, softly. I frowned, his tone sounding so different than I had expected. I heard the rustling of paper and drawers. He must be grabbing something to write this down with.

"Canada," I replied, still wrapping my head around what was happening. I was talking to Katsuki after almost six months of being away from him. He wasn't yelling. I wasn't crying. Okay, what?

"Shit, what are you doing in Canada, Deku?" He clicked his tongue and I smiled at the familiar sound.

"With a friend," It was the truth. However, that was not the point of my call. "I --" I began but the words seemed stuck in my mouth, heavy like lead, and bitter to the taste. I swallowed thickly.

"Yeah?" Katsuki prompted and I could hear the strain in his voice. It had changed. Or maybe I had been gone so long I forgot? 

"Would you like to meet up and talk about some things?" I breathed a sigh of relief once the words left my lips.

"Yes!" He shouted and I smiled when he cleared his throat and repeated his yes with a bit more self-control. "Yes, of course. Where? When?" He rambled some and I couldn't help but chuckle while curling my fingers around the phone a little tighter as my heart thumped.

"My apartment back home. I will text you the address," I was going home. I couldn't stay with Shoto forever. He had his own life to live and I hade my friend back home. I wanted to get on with my life after this break. I would be free again and could live the rest of my life in peace. I wanted to see my mother too. I spent too much time away from her over the years and life was passing us by.

"You're coming home?" He asked with a pinch of hope coating his voice. I rolled my bottom lip between my teeth and closed my eyes. Why did he sound hopeful? I was expecting rage not kindness from the man I slept with and ditched the morning after.

"Yeah," I was coming home, but Katsuki wasn't going to be happy with what I was planning. Or maybe he would be? I had no clue.