Extra Hands

Izuku Midoriya 

Staring down at my phone, I wondered if this was the right thing to do

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Staring down at my phone, I wondered if this was the right thing to do. It had been five months and I wasn't sure if I was ready to see him again. I was healthy, for the first time in years I wasn't sickly thin and pale. My skin held a nice color and my body had filled out some. 

Living with Shoto for such a long time forced me into a recovery of sorts. Things were rough for a while, but lately, I had been fine. I didn't rely on the Alpha's weekly scenting to keep me calm and my heat hasn't shown up in over a month. I had been to the doctors regularly and they kept track of my progress.

My body still showed messed up hormone levels and reproductive damage, but I was healthy -- and that meant it was time.

The phone in my hand felt heavier than normal as I sat in my bedroom. Shoto had encouraged me to do this now that I was better. I was in a better mental state as well as physical state. My Omegan nature seemed settled more so than I have ever been used to, and I had Shoto to thank for that. As much as I hated to admit needing an Alpha, I was glad to have had him in my life these past months.

"Stop being a coward," I mumbled and unlocked the device. I had planned this for months now. I knew what I was going to do. I knew it had to be done. Call Katsuki. Have him meet us here. Break the bond. It was simple and I was okay with this plan -- mostly. Part of me would always want my mate, but I knew better now. 

Scrolling through the list of blocked numbers, I instantly remembered Katsuki's. I had stared at this screen many nights. I knew it by heart. Only this time I would actually be able to press the one stupid icon that would bring back his voice. I had blocked him when I first got here, knowing that I would cave during a moment of weakness and go crawling back to him.

However, I was fine now. My head was clear for once in my life and I felt fine. An odd feeling after years of pain and discomfort. The only discomfort I felt now was the small part of my chest that nagged for my mate's presence. 

"Stop stalling," I huffed while chiding myself. Slamming my thumb down on the icon, I watched his contact turn from red back to black. The little call button turned green, a tempting sight if I ever saw one. Checking the time, I wanted to make sure that whatever time it was back home would be appropriate for a phone call.

My palms were sweaty all of a sudden and I had the urge to throw my phone out the window and hide under my covers as if that would make this go away. I shook my head and sucked in a deep breath. I was an adult, dammit. I planned this phone call for months. It was simple. Call him. Give him my location. Ask to meet up. Break the bond. Got it.

I pressed the green icon and held the phone to my ear with my breath caught in my throat. It rang -- and rang -- and I waited until I was sure I would be sent to voicemail. I prepared to hang up at the sound of the automated message but instead found myself trembling when the soft click told me Katsuki had answered the call.

ᗪOᑎ'T TOᑌᑕᕼ ᗰY ᗩᒪᑭᕼᗩजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें