Levi x Reader ~ Cold (Modern AU)

This is gonna be a short one shot, sorry about that. I'm working on the second book. I decided on Attack on Facebook. I hope that's okay! As always, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me (I follow back!)
~Chrissie-chan <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was the day. Today you got to go on your first date with your longtime crush, Levi.
The two of you went to high school together and now that you were in college, you worked at the same place too.
It was lunch break when he asked you out. "____," he said. "Yes, Levi?" "Usually I work the late shift here on Saturdays, but since it's the day after thanksgiving, I have the day off. Do you wanna do something?"
You said yes, and decided you would meet at an amusement park nearby at seven.
It wasn't officially deemed a date, but it was close enough to one.
You decide on wearing a casual black tshirt, jeggings, and a pair of black vans.
You head out and go to the park. You get there just before seven at meet Levi at the entrance.
"Hey, Levi!"
"Hi."
He was wearing a loose black tshirt as well, along with jeans and a big, gray cardigan.
Both of you decide to go on the tilt-a-whirl first.
As the cart began to speed up, you held onto Levi screaming, while he kept a straight face.
Then you decide to go on the swinging pirate ship ride. Even though heights were kinda scary to you, you sat at the very end.
Your stomach felt like soup the entire time, so you held onto Levi again. But once more, he wasn't phased.
You go on every ride together, you screaming, Levi not.
After all the rides, you decide to get something to eat. The two of you shared a little bit of everything; a corndog, pizza, cotton candy, deep fried oreos, and a milkshake.
You gobbled down the food as if you hadn't eaten in days. At the same time, you maintain your manners, being lady-like and all.
When you were finally stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey, you say to Levi, "I'm so full, I feel like Santa Claus."
He just looks at you like he ate a sour grape. You sigh. Why does Levi have to be so stubborn, and negative, and stoic? Why won't he tell me how he feels about me?
After eating, you two walk around the park for another half an hour or so. You look at the children playing all the carnival games, remembering back when you were a kid. Your parents would bring you to the local fair once in a while.
You sigh with a smile. "What's that about?" Levi asks. "Huh?" You ask back.
"You sighed, ____. Why?"
"Oh," you say. "I was just thinking about how I used to come to these fairs with my parents."
He nods. At least we're talking, you think to yourself.
"Did you ever do this as a kid, Levi?"
He looked down as if he'd been shot in the stomach. "No," he said stoically, though clearly, something was wrong.
"Why not?"
"I didn't have parents."
"Oh. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."
"That's okay. If you're willing to listen, I'll tell you."
"Okay, Levi. But you can stop at any time if you have to."
He nods and looks up again, his emotions unclear.
"I was always an orphan. I lived on the streets until people found me and put me into the foster care system when I was twelve. By then, I had robbed multiple farmers markets and other homeless people. No one wanted to take me in. I was scrawny, and had a criminal record. Eventually, they found someone who wanted me. I was so excited. I finally got a home with a real family, and got to eat real food, and live a real life. I was so damn wrong. In fact, it was the complete opposite. My foster dad, Kenny, was pretty strict. He taught me how to hide my feelings and show no mercy. That's all I know how to do now. That's why people think I'm so mean."
you had a couple tears in your eyes. "I see. I'm so sorry, Levi. You had to spend all those years alone, waiting to be free."
Levi shakes his head. "I wasn't exactly alone."
"You weren't?" You ask.
"No," he says grimly, obviously recalling bad memories. "There were two other children there. Isabel, and Farlan. They were my best friends. Isabel kept us happy, and Farlan kept us sane. I miss them so much."
You felt bad for him. "What happened to them?"
"They were killed. I don't know exactly how, or why, but I'm pretty sure they were murdered."
"I see," you say solemnly. "I wish I could say I know how you feel, but I can't. I'm so sorry."
You hug him, causing his eyes to widen with surprise. After a couple seconds, he hugged you back. nuzzled in his chest, you say, "Now I know why you're so stoic and distant. I wish I'd known earlier."
After that, you walk off to the parking lot. You stand about a foot away from each other.
The night was starting to get colder. You continue walking, wishing you brought your jacket.
"You're cold, I can tell."
You look at Levi. "What?"
He looks back at you. "____, you're freezing. Even if you think I can't tell, I know you're cold."
Soon thereafter, something large, warm and cottony drapes your shoulders.
You glance off to the side to see that Levi had given you his cardigan. "Th-thanks, Levi," you say. "How'd you know I was cold?"
He sighs softly. "I don't know, I just did."
So with that, you two go your separate ways.
You drive off, and a few stop lights away, you curse at yourself, "Dammit! I still have his cardigan!"
But there's another reason for a second date.