2. The Night of the Comet

Start from the beginning

"So do I." Stefan stated. "It's my brother Damon. He returned to Mystic Falls to punish me and he's out of control." He confessed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and gasped. "Damon is your brother?" I whisper yelled. "That's not important, though." I shook my head and got my composure back. "I had a vision about Vicki and I think she's in danger. If Damon gets to her..."

"He's going to kill her!" Stefan finished my sentence and I nodded in agreement. "Vicki already told Matt that she was attacked by a vampire."

"Then we have to make sure she doesn't remember what happened to her." I suggested and Stefan agreed.

***

Stefan and I made our way to the hospital at the same time as Matt. I listened as Vicki started getting hysterical and crying out for Matt. He went to seek help and I decided it was the perfect time to get to Vicki. "It's time." I said to Stefan as he nodded.

We walked inside the hospital room and saw Vicki sobbing and looking absolutely terrified. "Matty!" She screamed.

I held Vicki's hands and calmed her down. "Vicki, tell me who did this to you." I compelled her.

"A vampire bit me." She answered truthfully.

Stefan looked into her eyes. "You were attacked by an animal and you don't remember much about what happened." He compelled the poor girl.

"What attacked you?"

Vicki took a deep breath before answering. "An animal but I don't remember much."

I smiled at Stefan and we walked outside the room. "Do you think she will be fine?" The Salvatore boy asked me.

I shrugged. "I hope so. At least she's not talking about vampires." Then I stopped as I heard someone walking in our direction. "You gotta leave." I told Stefan and he left quickly. "Matt!" I smiled at the tall blonde boy.

He glanced over my shoulder. "Were you with Stefan?"

"No. I came here to see Vicki but apparently she's not awake." Matt and I looked at Vicki who was finally sleeping.

Matt started walking away and I followed him. We reached a blood donation room with an open window and he stared outside, hoping to see Stefan. Was Matt suspicious about vampires?

A while later, I was flipping through a magazine when Vicki woke up. Yes, I stayed with Matt and we chatted and got to know each other. No, I'm not in love with a jock.

"Vicki!" Matt held his sister's hand and smiled at her. "How are you feeling?"

The girl smiled brightly and hugged her brother. "I feel so much better!"

I glanced between the Donovan siblings and couldn't help but smile at their sweet exchange. "So Vick... What happened at the party?" Matt knitted his brows together and I could sense the suspicion.

Vicki shrugged. "I was walking through the woods and some random animal jumped me." She looked at me with a confused expression. "Who's the redhead?" She whispered to her brother.

Matt looked at me and then smiled. "This is my friend Amelia. She stopped by to visit you and we ended up talking while you were sleeping."

The brunette smiled at me and suddenly, Jeremy Gilbert walked in. "Hey!"

"Jeremy!" Vicki gasped but I could tell she was happy to see him.

The blonde guy grabbed my arm and smiled at them. "We'll let you two talk."

We exited the room and walked to the vending machine. "Jeremy likes Vicki." I giggled.

Matt smiled and raised an eyebrow. "Why do you think I left them alone? He's a good kid."