1. Mystic Falls

I was returning to Mystic Falls, the town that still haunts my dreams. I was once happy there and my best memories are from a time when everything was simple. Now my life is all about survival and guilt and also anger. Maybe, spending time in this town will be cathartical for and will release me of my vengeance plans.

While I was wrapped in my own thoughts, I saw a dark figure standing in front of my red 1967 Ford Mustang.  I tried to swerve but I was too late and I hit the figure. I immediately got out of my car to check on the thing that I hit. Once I left the car, there was nothing in sight and that is when I realized what was going on. I closed my eyes and tried to listen what was around me and as soon as I heard a faint noise, I grabbed the thing and threw it on the hood of my car.

"Does the fake 'hit and run' still work?" I asked with a grin splashed on my face.

The tall, dark, handsome and blue eyed vampire smirked at me and was able to let go of my grip. "It works on small towns." He took a good look at me and his smirk grew wider. "Heading to Mystic Falls?"

I was entranced by his bad boy charm. "Let's just say I'm returning to my roots."

"I'm Damon, by the way."

"Amelia."

We stared at each other and, next thing I know, we were making out on the hood of my beloved car. His hands were all over my body and his kiss was enough to leave me breathless. This vampire was intense, passionate and a little dangerous. Something was telling this wouldn't be the last I see of him.

***

Mystic Falls High. I took a deep breath as I stepped inside the building. In my thousand years alive, I never experienced high school. I went to several colleges after the 20's and before that I spent centuries running from something that wasn't even chasing me so I never really took the time to try high school. Besides, I was 22 when I turned, so... Enough said.

As I entered the building, heads turned to check me out since I was new here. To be honest, I was feeling kinda good about myself. I got inside the office to enroll myself and pretend to be 17 again. "Good morning..." I checked the name of the woman sitting behind the desk. "Muriel?" I raised an eyebrow and the woman shot me a look. What an unfortunate name! "My name is Amelia Holt and I'm here to enroll."

I handed her the papers and the woman sighed. "You do not have the papers required to enroll, Miss Holt." Muriel replied without looking at me. What a bitch!

"Look, Muriel!" The woman stared at me with a shocked look on her face. "You have all the papers necessary to enroll me in this God forsaken school and you will apologize for being rude to me in the first place."

Muriel looked at me and then nodded. "I'm sorry for my behavior, Miss Holt. Welcome to Mystic Falls High!" She smiled and I left the office. Normally, I don't use compulsion for my own benefit but the woman was making me mad and everyone knows how I get when I'm mad.

As I was leaving the office, I bumped into a tall and handsome guy. "Sorry." He said. I couldn't help but feel like I had seen him before.

While checking the guy out, I noticed two girls doing the same. The doe eyed girl looked exactly like my best friend Tatia, who I met a 1000 years before. "All I see is back." She said.

"But it's a hot back!" Her friend replied with a mischievous smirk on her lips.

"His front is also hot." I said and the girls looked at me. "Sorry, I'm new here. My name is Amelia." I tried to act as awkwardly as a 17 year old would.

The doe eyed girl smiled at me. "I'm Elena and this is my best friend Bonnie."

I smiled at the two girls. "It was nice meeting you." I turned my back to them and furrowed my eyebrows. In all my years alive, I had only met one other person that looked like Tatia and that girl was still alive. Could Elena and Katerina be the same person?