Chapter 23: The Big Day

Three years have passed, three amazing years. Matt graduated from pastry school. His parents bought him a bakery for him. I told Matt that his dad job, would change all their lives.

Matt was over the moon with his bakery. He named it, 'Rain's sweets'.

I didn't go to college. Matt couldn't wait to start college so we decided that traveling can wait. College just wasn't for me. My parents understood my decision.

I wanted to travel around the world with Matt, of course the traveling will be our honeymoon so we're waiting for that. That doesn't mean I won't work; I will help Matt at the bakery. I'm good with business. But that didn't mean I want to lock myself in a college for 4 years for that. College would be a waste of my time and a waste of my parents' money.

I have my trust fund and Matt has the bakery, I think we will do good and provide for our future kids so they can have the life they deserve.

......

The day of my wedding arrived. I still couldn't believe that I was marrying my best friend. Feels so surreal, then again, I was chasing Mr. Oblivious. The man couldn't see me for dust. A crazy cute story to tell our kids. In the future of course.

"Up." I looked down to see, Pia. Bella and Cole had a little girl. She's just the cutest. Bella and Cole got married last year. She studied to become a kindergarten teacher. Cole decided to pursue his dream to become a writer. He's getting his master.

I picked her up and showered her chubby cheeks with kisses. She giggled. "Who's your favorite aunt?" I tickle her.

She pointed at me, "you're her only aunt." Mom said.

"Way to ruin my moment." I sighed as they laughed.

"Alright everyone. Time to doll up my sister." Bella said. And everyone worked on me.

"Wait a minute." I said while making a run to the bathroom.

Oh yeah, I'm a month pregnant, I found out 5 days ago. I thought it was a bug, but then I went to the doctor and he told me I was a month pregnant. I tried telling Matt in unique way. And you could say, Mr. Oblivious strikes again.

*flashback*

I was in the kitchen putting a bun in the oven. I wanted to see if he could take the hint.

We moved in together last year, our parents gave Cole and I, a house. It was a gift for graduating college. And since I didn't go there, it was clear they wanted a house without child. I think they just wanted to be free from us so they could be unholy all the time. Got to love our parents.

"I'm home." He said while entering the kitchen.

"I have a big surprise." I said as he pulled me closer and then placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"What surprise?"

"Go check the oven." I said as I sat on a chair and waited for his reaction.

"A bun?" He said confused.

I chuckled, "yes a bun in the oven." I smiled.

"Is this a happy bun, like the happy cookies?" He said as I burst out laughing.

"You know what, you'll find out soon." I pecked his lips. He picked me up and took me to our room and made love to me. My fiancé is extremely oblivious.

*end of flashback*

"All done. You look beautiful." Mom said while smiling.

"Are we ready?" Dad asked while entering my bedroom. He looked at me and smiled. "You look beautiful, little princess." I smiled at his words.

"Is the priest here?" Mom asked.

"Yeah and he's very interesting." He chuckled. "let's just say, it will make for a unique ceremony."

Why do I get the feeling this priest will drive us crazy?

"Let's get our kids married." Martha said and they all nodded.

Everyone went to their position and then dad walked me down the aisle. I saw Matt and smiled, today I'm marrying my best friend. I'm so lucky to have Matt in my life.

"You look gorgeous, babygirl."

"And you look extremely sexy in that tux." I bit my bottom lip. My hormones were acting up and I wanted to jump on him.

"I'm glad that you're making googly eyes at each other, but can we hurry this up before I'm too old to give a shit," the reverend mentioned.

"Uh, Nix, I don't think it's a good thing to swear in church," another guy mentioned.

"I'll repent later, but now I have a ceremony to perform," the minister informed the other guy. The minister looked at us. "What are you waiting for, an invitation? I'm sure not everyone has your time frame, considering it takes the groom many years to realize anything."

"Meaning?"

"Seriously?" The minister asked Matt.

"I think he's saying that you're oblivious. In many ways." I chuckled as he gave me a confused look.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" He asked while looking at me and then at the minister.

"Lord, grant me the strength not to go bat shit crazy during the ceremony," Nixon said, praying. Then he looked at us. "I see that you act like that tool over there." Nixon pointed to the caterer. "See that tool over there?"

We nodded.

"He is the biggest and most oblivious tool out there. Don't be like my brother Nash," Nixon warned Matt. Nash gave Nixon an annoyed look and rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, back to you two. Since you enjoy putting a bun in the oven, I wonder if it will be fresh or take forever to bake," Nixon mentioned, rubbing his chin. "Then again it may burn before if comes out."

"Matt, what do you think bun in the oven means?" I asked while giving him a look.

"Straight to the point babygirl. You drive me crazy with these stuffs." He rolled his eyes, I giggled as the minister was losing his patience. I swear, is he even legal? where did dad find him?

"You're Mr. Oblivious. You get first prize, babe. Nash, apparently you're not the biggest oblivious in the world." I said as everyone laughed. Matt and Nash rolled their eyes at me. You would think they were brothers.

"Christ, our dear lord savior, forgive this twit for his lack of the obvious. Look, I don't have the time or the crayons to explain this to you and since you can't figure it out, I will tell you. Crazy here is having your demon seed, who I'm sure will be as oblivious as their twit father. Now, can we get back to the matter at hand before the demon spawn makes its appearance?" Nixon asked Matt.

I laughed at his words. Dad was right, he definitely hasn't made this ceremony boring.

"You're pregnant?"

"Yes, we're having a baby in 8 months." I smiled as he smiled too. He was about to kiss me, when the minister stopped him. So not the time to stop a kiss, then again it may be for the best since my hormones are crazy.

Second part coming soon....