Chapter 7: You're Stuck With Me

The doctor let us see him, he was still sleeping and was pale. Stupid party, I shouldn't have thrown him one. Next time, just pizza and movies.

Everyone left, but I decided to stay, of course with his parents' permission. Mom told me she would bring me clothes tomorrow.

"I'm sorry. If it hadn't been for that party, you would be fine and we would be eating leftovers from the food and pastries while watching movies." I said as tears were falling. What the doctor told us scared me so much.

I grabbed his hand and it was cold. "I can't wait for you to wake up. I have your present at my house. You will go insane when you see it." I chuckled while tears kept falling.

This guy right here means so much to me. He's my best friend and I love him.

.....

The next day I woke up by someone lightly caressing my hair. I look up to see, Matt smiling. "Morning, sleepy head." He said in a sleepy voice.

"Matt, I'm sorry." I said while grabbing his hand.

"It wasn't your fault. I can't remember well how it happened, everything happened really fast." He said while lightly caressing my left cheek.

"I found you in the hall, I got scared when you said that you couldn't breathe." I cried again.

"I guess in my state I wanted to see you." He wiped my tears.

As we were talking, mom and Martha were listening to us.

"She really loves him." Martha told mom.

"More than you'll ever know. She has been saving a lot for his present. All her allowance went to that special gift. She told me that Matt was worth spending every penny."

"She's a great girl, and I really hope my son will see what's in front of him." She smiled while looking at us.

"You're stuck with me." I said as I stuck my tongue at him, he just chuckled.

"And I'm fine with that." He smiled.

Everyone visit him, even some people from school, the football team also came. If I haven't mentioned it, Matt is their captain. Everyone in the team are really nice.

Two days later, Matt was released from the hospital. I grabbed the present and went to his house. His mom told me that he was in his bedroom. I knocked and he told me to come in.

"Your present." I told him while sitting next to him.

He opened it and was in awe. "This is the best birthday gift. Thank you so much. Little monkey." He said before placing a kiss on my cheek. That made me smile.

"You're welcome. Now you own them and can read them whenever you want." I smiled back.

I laid my head on his shoulder and he grabbed one of the books and started to read it. It was so calming. How can anyone want to harm him?

An hour later, Cole entered the bedroom and looked at Matt. "We finally got the tape of the party. Patricia was behind everything."

"Please tell me she didn't, have fun while me being in that state."

"No, she tried, but you pushed her away and then you went inside the house and you crawled all the way to the top floor."

"Thank God. How did it happen?" I asked.

He told us, that Patricia managed to slip the drugs when he wasn't looking. Once the drugs kicked in, she dragged him away and then started to kiss him. And the tape also showed how I found them and a few minutes after that, he left before she had the chance to have her fun with him.

"That bitch, she almost killed you!" I was huffing. "I'm going to kill her." As I was to climb down the bed, Matt pulled me back.

"Easy there, tiger. She will get what she deserves. If you kill her, then you will go to jail and I will lose my little monkey." He grinned causing us to laugh.

"How can you be so calmed about it." Cole asked him.

"Violence solves nothing. Besides, I'm alive and that bitch will go down." He smiled.

"You have a big heart." I sighed as I snuggled to him. I'm taking advantage of this moment. Every little moment counts.

"Well, I have to go, Bella is waiting for me at her house, imagine an empty house and a couple in it. Later kids." With that said he left. We just chuckled.

"He better not get her pregnant." I said as he laughed. "I'm happy you're still breathing and with us, life wouldn't be the same without you.

"Me too. I'm glad to have amazing people in my life." He smiled.