PART 75 ~ MEMORIES

PART 75 ~ MEMORIES

Evening

Infinity Mall

Food Court

Sunaina and Preeti are eating their evening snack there, while the kids are in the library. “Sunaina, you had an appointment with the doctor today, what happened?” Preeti asked.

“Yes, she told everything is normal, no need to worry !” she said with a pale smile.

“That’s great ! Actually, I was thinking of our time in college. Kya din the wo. Now see, ghar par aise bethe rehna kitna boring hota hai. Jab se mera show khatam huva hai tabse. I thought I would enjoy the phase, but it has not helped me much !” Preeti said a bit dejected.

“Then why don’t you say yes to the scripts coming your way? Aren’t they interesting enough? And yes, I agree with you college days were the best. Kash waqt wahi ruk jata. Everything was so nice, but..!” she said.

“Right, no script has interested me enough you say yes..But I will admit, I am looking for working in the web space and Mr Raj is making one. Maybe I will sign it soon. By the way, mein soch rahi thi, if we could just go back to our college day’s. We had so much fun !” Preeti said excitedly.

“That’s great news ! Agar mera bas chalta toh waqt ko wahi ruka deti. That’s where it all started, and it should have remained like that, rather than..” she said slowly.

“Why you are saying this ? Tumhare aur Sameer ke bich mein kuch huva hai kya ? Preeti said chuckling. “Arey mein bhi na, tum dono ke bich thodi na kuch ho sakta hai ! Par agar aise dekhe toh kal tak hum bacche the, aur aaj humare bacche hai !”

She laughs nervously. “So true, I know you saying this, as Kiara's birthday coming!”

“Her 18th birthday, but I am prepared. I know it’s her right, and I will give her that right. I am not feeling bad,” Preeti said, as she holds her hand comforting her.

“Chal ab chalte hai, bohot late ho gaya..” she said after sometime.

Preeti too agrees “Yes, we should go now and call the kids too.”

They calls the kids and they all came outside. “Tum ghar nahi ja rahi ho?” Preeti asked her seeing her taking a different route.

“Nahi, mein Papa ke ghar ja rahi hu. Kaphi time ho gaya hai unse mile huve..” she replies.

“Oh ! I was thinking of staying..But you are not there..” Preeti said.

“So what ? Sameer toh hai na. You come, no issues,” she said.

“Okay fine ! After all it’s my maayka,” Preeti said, as they laughs.