Chapter 2.

"You think Nonno has been punished enough?" I asked Nonna as I put another batch of cupcakes on the snack table where my coworkers were swarming around.

"Yeah you can let him in," Nonna said nodding.

I nodded and walked to the front door, I saw Nonno sitting in front of Derek on the steps.

"You wanna come in?" I asked, Nonno looked up at me and narrowed his eyes.

"You two are evil," he said pointing at me, "and your still in your casual clothes covered in chocolate and flower."

"You wanna come in or stay there a little longer Nonno?" I asked ignoring his accusation.

"Fine I'll come in," he sighed, I nodded at Derek who smiled at me, I turned and went back to the kitchen.

"You're not going to change are you?" Nonno asked.

"You know me Nonno," I smiled, "now go to your wife."

"You two will be my death!" He said making his way towards the living room.

I rolled my eyes and went back to my hiding place during parties, the kitchen.

"Have you seen him?" One of the maids asked another, "he is gorgeous, and his friend isn't too bad either."

"You know he is a womanizer," I said, knowing they were talking about Jake Collins, he arrived half an hour ago.

"I wouldn't mind being one of many," she sighed, "you wouldn't know what it's like to work for a living, if a guy like that knocks you up you are set for life."

"I am pretty sure I work to make a living," I said, "the only reason I still live here is because I haven't found an apartment with reasonable rent." I wasn't hurt by her words, the maids always thought that I didn't know how to survive the real world because I was brought up in this mansion.

"Puhlease, you only have to go to your Nonno and he'll give you anything you want," she laughed.

"You should be nice to her," Melissa, the other maid, said, "she is in here helping us."

"She is in here hiding," Ashley said, "she doesn't want to be social with these people."

"What the hell is your problem Ashley," I snapped, "I am trying to be nice here, but every time I help you are in here bitching at me."

"You are my problem," she snapped, "you know not everyone is raised with a silver spoon." I rolled my eyes at her but before I could say something she threw the cupcake batter at me, the bowl hit my head, "WHAT THE FUCK!" I screamed clutching my head, I felt dizzy.

I stumbled backwards falling through the double doors.

"Ruby what happened?" Nonna asked coming up to me, "why are you clutching your head."

"What happened here?" Nonno asked.

"Ashley threw the bowl with cupcake batter at Ruby's head," Melissa said, putting the first aid kit on the ground next to me, "come on Ruby I just want to make sure the cut isn't deep and there is no cupcake batter in the wound."

I let go of my head looking at my bloodied hands, I felt really dizzy everything was spinning.

"You bitch you cost me my job!" Ashley screamed attacking me again, I tried to block her punches but I saw double.

There was a low growl, everyone stopped with what they were doing except Ashley who was still beating on me, that suddenly stopped too and Ashley was gone.

I tried to sit up but someone held me down, "just stay down," they said, their voice sounded familiar but I couldn't place it.

"Nonno?" I whispered I felt darkness consume me but I tried to hold on, "I'm tired."

"Hang in there," I heard Nonno whisper, "stay awake."

I tried shaking my head but that didn't go so well, the darkness consumed me immediately.