Chapter 8

"Wake up!" Lucy shouts as you shoot up out of bed, disoriented.

"What? Huh?" You ask while rubbing your eyes and kicking your covers off of you.

"It's day two of the Games and your about to just sleep the whole day away! C'mon, the shower's open and there's an outfit for you waiting in there already." Lucy says as you sigh and slowly get up.

"Okay..." You head to the small shared bathroom. On the sink is a small set of tolietries with soap, shower gel, a loofa, and body lotion. Your outfit is hanging on one of the racks.

The outfit had 5 components to create a forest fairy vibe. There was a waist-length green hooded cape that fastened in the front and had various vines and leaves adorning it, a white off the shoulder dress with the top half plain and the bottom half covered in different types and colors of flowers and other various plants, knee-high strappy sandals that were decorated to look like vines and had white roses.

And to finish off the look, there was a flower crown of real and handpicked flowers along with two vine arm cuffs that went to your elbows and were covered in different flowers. For help with your magic, there was even a belt that could hold various flower pots along with a small pack of fertilizer and seeds.

" I hope you had fun last night! I didn't know if you already had an outfit for today, but I wanted to take a try at picking something out for you... I hope you like it! From Natsu and Rogue..." You read the note off and then smile.

"How kind of them. For some oblivious idiots, they do have a sense of style. I'll have to thank them both later." You say as you take the soap, shower gel, and loofa into the bathroom, setting them on the small shower shelf.

[TIME SKIP]

"Who's bright idea was it to send Natsu out there? The game is literally called chariot! I go to the bathroom for five minutes..." You trail off, watching Natsu from the lacrima screens displaying the members from each guild on the screen. He's clearly dying out there, next to Gajeel and Sting.

"Gajeel and Sting too?!? Idiots..." You say, crossing your arms. They all begin to fight, shoving each other on the train, causing you to let out a small laugh from behind your hand.

Sting stops at the end of the train, clearly tired and done with this event.

"I'll give you guys the win. We can go without those points." Sting says as Natsu and Gajeel keep walking down the train. They are screaming in agony and honestly, you feel that from the times you have gotten motion sickness. You just go to sleep on the ride to wherever you're headed. But they have to stick it out and move to finish the race.

"Can I ask one thing? Why did you guys enter the games? This wouldn't be something the past Fairy Tail would've done. Worrying about the strength of their guild and other things. The Fairy Tail I know does things at their own pace, not worrying about anyone else..." Sting trails off.

"It's for our comrades. For 7 years, or even more, they were always waiting for us. To see us, to be with us, to fight with us, for almost a decade. No matter how hard it was, no matter how much they struggled, even if they weren't at the guild during it, even if they were made fun of outside of the guild, couldn't even see us goodbye, they protected the guild the best way they could." Natsu says, causing you to slightly frown. You didn't even have to endure the hard battles that the whole guild faced until you got back.

You couldn't help them in their time of need, but you also couldn't leave your long-term quest. It still pains your heart to this day that you were away during all of this and mostly unaware until 3 years after the incident.

"They did it for us. And now we have to do it for them. We have to prove that Fairy Tail has kept going, and we'll keep moving forward!" Natsu exclaims as you begin to cry at his words. Tears spill from your face as you smile.