| Chapter Two |

You and your team step off of the airship, and you immediately see a tall man with silver hair.

You smile slightly. "I'll go talk to him. You guys stay out here and mingle or something."

You walk towards Ozpin.

"Hello, Professor," you greet. "I just wanted to say thank you for accepting me into Beacon."

"It was no problem, no problem at all. What's your name?"

"Y/n L/n."

"Oh, the transfer student?" Ozpin asks, brown eyes seeming to glow a slight bit brighter.

"Yes, Professor. Straight from Haven, along with my friends."

"Welcome to Beacon, Miss. L/n."

"Thank you, Professor," you say before excusing yourself and departing.

You look back over to see him watching you leave, an odd look in his eyes.

| Time Skip |

You and your teammates reach the dorms you'd been assigned, and you fall back onto your bed.

"Ozpin seems a bit too trusting," you ponder as you lay on your back. "He seemed to trust me the moment I greeted him, yet it could all be a trick."

Cinder looks at you. "You never know. He is powerful."

You nod at that. "Yes, but I'm sure he won't be expecting this."

Emerald sits up. "As long as we manage to find out his fear, we're good."

"You know, I've been thinking about that. You know how Salem told us about her story with Ospin?" Mercury asks.

You nod. "Yes."

"Well, what is Salem is his biggest fear?" Mercury asks. "And if not, it could be someone he trusts turning against him."

You tilt your head to the side, considering. "We'll keep it in mind, but we can't rule out any other possibilities."

Cinder nods. "Agreed. With this man, you won't expect anything. I can't even feel him with my powers, and I can sense everyone else."

You look at Cinder. "What do you mean by sense?"

"I can feel people's auras. The only auras I can't sense are Salem and Ospin."

"Could that be because their immortal, or is it just their power level?" Emerald asks.

Cinder shrugs slightly. "I'm not quite sure. I may only be able to sense people who are of a lower power level than me. Your aura flickers on and off," she says, looking at you. "I think that that means we're of equal standing."

You smile. "I suppose that it just means I need to continue my training."

You get up. "I'm going to go for a walk to get used to the school grounds. You guys stay in the building."

They all nod, though Cinder a bit reluctantly as you walk out the door, making sure that you keep your aura level as unnoticeable as possible.

You stride around the grounds for a bit, making note of anything that may seem to be useful to you later on.

You hear footsteps behind you and you turn suddenly, dual blades in hands as you immediately assume a defensive stance.

Ozpin looks at you, slightly amused. "Very perceptive."

You lower your weapons. "You can't blame a girl for being cautious."

"No, I can't," Ospin says. "May I ask where your blades come from?"

You sigh. "My semblance allows me to generate weapons or armour immediately. These weapons are my favourite."

You make the swords disappear as Ozpin raises an eyebrow. "I'm impressed, Miss. L/n. I've never met anyone with that semblance in my long years."

You hide the smirk. "Well, thank you, Professor."

He looks at you thoughtfully. "How are your teammates settling in?"

You raise an eyebrow at the sudden change of topic. "They've been fine, Professor. Settling in quite nicely, actually."

"Well, I certainly look forward to meeting them," he says. "They must be powerful.

You have no idea, you think darkly.

"No idea of what?" Ozpin inquires, and you mentally facepalm.

"They're quite strong for their age," you say. "It's actually pretty fun training with them."

"Well, I'm scheduling a Beacon tournament soon. No other schools involved. I trust you'll fight your best?"

"Always, Professor."

Ozpin smiles and shakes your hand. "Well, I look forward to meeting you on the battlefield."

You raise both your eyebrows. "You're participating?"

"I am," Ozpin confirms. "But I will be on my own team. Doctor Oobleck and Professor Port are teaming up, while Miss. Goodwitch will be refereeing and making sure no one cheats."

"Well, it sounds interesting."

"It will be. We've only ever hosted one event like this before, but the pupils seemed to enjoy it, even though I came out on top," Ozpin says, but it didn't sound like a boast. It sounded more matter of fact than anything else.

"Do you know when it will be hosted?" You inquire.

Ospin smiles. "A week and a half."

You smile. "Seems like I need to carry on my training."

"Don't we all?"

"I'm sure that you, Professor, don't need much training."

"I think you'd be surprised. A good huntsman stops training, while a great one is always looking for ways to improve. I have a feeling I haven't reached the full extent of my powers yet, Miss. L/n."

You laugh softly. "Well, if you're ever in need of a training partner, don't hesitate to ask."

The smile that Ozpin gives you is contagious. "I'll keep that in mind."

You smile back. "Please do. I'm always looking for a challenge."

Ospin gives a small smile. "Just as any good huntress is."