Chapter 1.

"Ruby Miller to the office please." It was broadcasted over thr intercom at work and I felt like I was back in high school. Nonno thought it was a great idea to use an intercom system because emails confused him and it was, according to him, a faster way to get a message out to the employees.

I rolled my eyes and left my desk, nonno was stressed and everyone new it. It had been the third time that day nonno called me in, I gave up on doing my work and just waited for another 'emergency'. People were watching me as I made my way to nonno's office some of them laughed as I walked by, not because they thought I was in trouble but because it has been going on for three weeks and they were pretty sure I had a huge pile of work on my desk.

I knocked on the door and walked in, "you called for my lovely presence," I laugh as I strode in.

Nonno looked up and smiled, "why yes," he smiled, "Nonna will be here in 10 minutes, you need to help with the set up for tonight."

"I thought I wasn't allowed to help," I said raising an eyebrow, "you even had me sign a contract that I wouldn't be helping." Nonno always gets mad when I am not socializing with the guests.

"Well yeah but," Nonno was at loss for words, "you see, mister Collins is coming too and I need everything to be perfect before he gets there."

"You know I don't do well with time lines if I have to help with set ups," I said taking a seat in the chair, "last time I was still covered in dirt and twigs and flower and chocolate when the guest arrived."

I could see he was struggling, "why can you keep a deadline when it comes to work but not with parties?" He asked.

"Because I know how it goes at work," I shrugged, "with parties it's harder because I want it to be perfect and with parties it's just more dificult to get it perfect."
"You're such a little perfectionist," Nonno laughed, "your mother would be proud, she was the same."

I didn't know my parents but mentioning them made me feel sad. I love my grandparents but it was different growing up. I always felt like they kept a secret from me.
"Well she had to have got it from one of you," I said giving him a sad smile, "I'll pack up my stuff, Nonna should be here any minute."

Nonno nodded, I walked towards the door, I opened it when someone was about to knock, they knocked on my forehead, "you can knock all you want there," I hissed at the big guy, "they will not open up."

The guy looked taken back but smirked after that, "you calling yourself dumb?"

"Hey I didn't say no ones home," I said, "I just said they won't open up."

He shook his head and stepped out of the way, I walked past him and towards my desk, who was that and who does he think he is?

"Where are you going?" Lance asked coming up behind me.
"I'm going to make Nonno be disappointed in me again because I can't be on time for his party," I said, "he wants me to help with the set up, the new boss is apparently coming."

"Didn't you like have to sign a contract in front of everyone?" He asked confused.

I nodded, "oh well Nonna is here," I smiled at Lance, "see you tonight."

Lance waved as I walked towards Nonna who was trying to intimidate the new secretary, "I am his wife," I heard her say as she tried to pass the secretary.
"I am sorry mister DiRoma is in a meeting," he said.
I shook my head and grabbed the phone pressing the little intercom for Nonno, "Mister DiRoma your wife wants to see you," I laughed, "she is trying to scare the secretary." before I could hang up I got a slap to the back of my head, "Nonno she is attacking me!"

The door of his office opened, "you two are unbelievable," he said but I could see the smile, "I am in a meeting here and you just fool around."

"She hit me!" I whined, "it hurts."
"Go leave," Nonno said pointing to the elevator.

"We'll take mister grumpy pants off the guest list," I said to Nonna making sure he heard it.

"You can't keep me from my own party!" He yelled after us.

"You just wait and see mister," Nonna said pulling me towards the open elevators.

"We'll let him wait outside for a couple minutes before we let him in," I said as the doors closed, "shows him for not giving you some love."

"Oh I love you child," Nonna laughed, "you are just as evil as I am."

"I learned from the best," I laughed linking my arm with hers.

"Well yeah of course I am the best," she said, "dealing with your Nonno is not easy, you got to keep him on his toes."
"He's not gonna be happy when he isn't welcome at his own party," I said, "oh that reminds me, you can't get mad when I'm still busy when the guest arrive."

"I won't," Nonna smiled, "don't worry."

We walked towards the awaiting town car, that brought us to the mansion we live in.