Chapter Two: Scrooge

Chapter Two:

            {Scrooge}

            I sat at my office desk drinking my coffee when I heard the loud stomping feet nearing my office. I let out a sigh preparing myself to face another round of Paige’s pregnancy wrath. My office door flew open reveling a very pregnant Paige and my best friend and her mate Dylan who trailed behind her looking worried.

            “Ah Paige so nice to see you again, what can I do for you this time?” I asked looking at the very pissed off looking pregnant woman who stood in front of my desk tapping her foot on the ground, her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes narrowed as she glared at me.

            “My husband told me that you were planning on skipping the Christmas party that my brother is throwing, is that true?” The way Paige asked me about the party told me that she was not happy about me not wanting to go and there was no easy way to calm Paige down when she was pissed.

            “Look Paige I know we always go visit your brothers pack for his Christmas ball thing, but they’re will be 4 other packs there. I just don’t know how we will include everyone in the celebration if there is that many people there. Christmas here would give everyone a chance to see each other and still have fun.” I watched as Paige only seemed to get more pissed off at me.

            “Your such a scrooge! You and the rest of the pack are getting your stuff packed right now and in 2 hours!” Paige yelled making Dylan and I both cringe.

            “Paige” Paige pointed her finger at me and glared.

            “You are going Roman and you will have a merry fucking time or I will tear you limb from limb!” My eyes went wide as I stared at Paige. She was always so sweet and kind to everyone even if they had done horrible things, so to see her like this actually freaked me out.

            “Fine. Dylan tell everyone what is going on. Ill go get packed.” I said making Paige smile. She skipped over behind my desk and kissed my head before leaving my office with Dylan following behind her like a worried puppy.

            Once I had finished most of my work I stood from my chair and walked to my bedroom to pack. We always stayed with the Artic pack for a few days before Christmas until new years. I threw a bung of clothes into a bag and everything else I could think of that I would need. It was mostly work stuff since it seemed like that was all I did anymore. Sure I was a great warrior and a very feared Alpha but without a mate I was lonely, venerable. All I have wanted from Christmas is the one woman that I will call mine. 

            “Hey man Paige is in the car, we better get going before she try’s to kill you or me.” I smiled at Dylan who stood in my doorway running his hand through his hair.

            “What happened to the quiet nice Paige we graduated with?” I asked him tossing the bag over my shoulder as we walked downstairs.

            “She got pregnant, who knew that my life would be threatened the most when my wife got pregnant.” Dylan said and I laughed slapping his back as we walked out to my Escalade. Paige and Dylan sat in the back while I drove. The trip was always a long one but thankfully Paige fell asleep so Dylan’s life and mine were safe for a few hours, until she woke up. I pulled into the driveway and was already greeted by tons of other cars, trucks, cars, and even a few snowmobiles. The Artic pack got their name because their territory was always the coldest when it came to winter. Snow was already on the ground and it was good packing snow, which would make it harder to run in.