Chapter 2

4 years on, Harry was happy living with his god fathers. He would spend days in the basement where Remus would play around with his set of potions, trying to brew a good one to calm his werewolf senses especially when a full moon would appear. Whenever Remus would transform, he would lock himself in the basement, while Sirius will be in their room, putting Harry to sleep. Harry would spend most nights in Sirius and Remus bed, listening to the stories and adventures Sirius had.

Sirius was in the study, bending over the desk as he looks through the papers again. He was sure he had submitted all the paper works to the ministry, but something seems wrong and he has been getting way too many owls letter by them. Sirius threads his fingers in his messy shoulder length hair, he then buns it up and slides his wand in it to secure it. He continues to write with his quill, not realising both Remus and Harry were by the study room door.

“How long has he been here?” Harry asked as he looks up to Remus.

“Since yesterday night. He was supposed to finish his paper work last week, but somehow the minister kept sending letters yesterday evening, and he has been here since then.” Remus sighs.

“It’s my birthday today. He promised me to bring me to Diagon Alley to get my books before I start school.” Harry sighs.

“I know Harry. I too want to spent time with my dear husband. But well you know Harry, life as an Auror. And well can’t blame him, your Paddy is really a hardworking git, especially with the sudden rise of Deatheaters.” Remus sighs.

“I may be busy with my paper work, but I can still here you guys.” Sirius groans without even looking up from his messy table.

“Harry hunny. I’m sorry, could you go ahead with Remus to get your school supplies. I can’t live the office right now.” Sirius said as he looks up from his papers.

“It’s okay Paddy. I don’t mind spending time with Moony today. We will get you something to eat alright.” Harry said as he looks at Sirius, with a sad smile.

“I’m going to get some money from the Potter’s vault too, for his school supplies. Do you want me to take some from ours, my love?” Remus asked as he walks over to Sirius.

“Yes please, also babe, get yourself something nice too. I haven’t been a good husband; I know I’m prioritising work more than family. I just don’t want those assholes to start multiplying like rabbits.” Sirius sighs as he looks over at Remus.

“I know my love. I’m proud my husband is a har-working auror and also working hard with the Order.” Remus said as he kissed the top of Sirius’s head.

Just then an owl fly in, dropping a howler on Sirius’s desk. Sirius sighs as he looks at the official stamp on it, within seconds the howler levitated and opens up, and the voice of none other Cornelius Fudge filled the room.

“SIRIUS BLACK! ARE YOU DONE WITH THE REPORT, I WANT IT ON MY TABLE THIS INSTANCE! HOW COULD YOU MAKE ME WAIT THIS LONG! IF I DON’T GET IT BY LUNCH TIME, YOU’RE OFF THE CASE! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!” Cornelius voice boomed, and just then the howler shreds himself.

“I guess it’s time to go then.” Remus sighs.

“I’m sorry.” Sirius sighs back, as Remus and Harry left the room.

The trip to Diagon Alley was filled with laughter and jokes from Remus, they walked hand in hand as Remus points to the different shops there, there was this Wand shop by the corner, and the robe shop at the start of the street, Harry ran off as he saw the broomstick shop, where on display was Nimbus 2000, Harry let his mouth gap open as he continues to look at it.

“Now, now Harry. We have to go to the bank first. We need some money to get your things.” Remus said as he ushered Harry along.

They went to the bank and took out as much money needed, and went off to the robe shop first, Harry tried a few robes and bought his school uniform, then they went over to the wand shop where Remus left him awhile while he looks for something for Harry. Remus then surprise Harry with his first pet Owl, it was a beautiful snow owl, which Harry couldn’t help but admire it. They went over to get his books and lastly some snacks to bring home.

“You sure you don’t need a broom Harry?” Remus asked.

“Yeah, I’m positive. I can still use the one that Paddy got me last year.” Harry said with a grin as he looks up to Remus.

“but you need a new one for school.” Remus protested.

“Maybe next time then moony. I feel like I’ve spent way too much money today.” Harry said as he carries his owl.

“Fine, I won’t force you. Also just write to us if you need any new school supplies, I’ll gladly send some over.” Remus smiles as he helped to carry all of Harry’s things.

As they gathered their things, they went over to the Leaky Cauldron and used their floo system to floo back home, as they got back home through the fireplace, Harry placed his owl aside and dust off the soot from his jeans.

“Paddy! We’re home!” Harry calls out.

“In the study!” Sirius shouts a reply.

“I guess he never left the study then.” Remus shrugs as he put the bags down.

“Kreacher, could you please put this up in Harry’s room.” Remus said as Kreacher suddenly appears, Kreacher just nods.

Harry and Remus walk over to the study with the snacks in hand, the study room was close, Harry knocks on it lightly, hearing a come in, he pushes the door open and he couldn’t stop smiling. There in the middle of the room, was Sirius, holding a cake with 11 candles on it.

“Surprise! Happy Birthday Harry!” Sirius cheers.

“Paddy!” Harry laughs as the room was suddenly filled with streamers.

“Happy Birthday, Harry.” Mr Weasley said as he stood next to Sirius.

“Thank you, Mr Weasley. Where’s Ron?” Harry asked as he grins to him.

“He’s in the bathroom. Happy Birthday my dear.” Mrs Weasley wished him, and hands him a gift.

“Thank you, Mrs Weasley.” Harry said as he took the gift from her.

For the past few summers, Mr and Mrs Weasley had been coming over to take care of him, especially when Remus was too weak or Sirius was on long missions, sometimes Harry would go to the burrows to spend time with the Weasleys, as he learns to fly on his mini broom which Sirius got for him. that was where he met Ron, Fred, George, Percy, Ginny and Bill, since Charlie was already in Romania.

“Happy Birthday!” Ron cheered behind him.

“Ron! I missed you!” Harry replied with a chuckle.

“And I miss you too. I can’t believe we’re starting our first year soon together.” Ron grins at him.

“Happy Birthday Harry.” Fred and George said together.

“Thank you, guys.” Harry grins up to them.

“Harry blow out your candles will you.” Sirius said as he looks over to Harry.

“Oh my, I nearly forgot.” Harry laughs as he walks over to Sirius, blowing the candle and made his wish.

“Close your eyes Harry, I have something for you.” Sirius said as he puts the cake down, Harry closes his eyes and held his hands out, Sirius then puts his gift onto Harry’s hands.

“Happy Birthday Son.” Sirius said.

Harry opens his eyes, and nearly scream. In his hands were the new Nimbus 2000. The fastest broom that ever existed, Harry was close to tears as he looks at Sirius.

“Thank you, Paddy.” Harry said.

“Anything for you, my son. Go ahead and give it a go. You can then let Ron and the twins give it a go.” Sirius said as he nudges Harry.

“Alright, let’s go fly this baby.” Harry chuckles as he turns to Ron and the twins, who was already mesmerized by the broom.