Chapter 16~Protecting You...

Start from the beginning

I release my grip on her and quickly grab the remote, backing away as I do so. Tsumugi laughs and stands up, "Your not gonna save them you know~" she says as she crosses her arms and smirks. I look up at her, "I will..." I say in a serious tone as I hold up her remote. Tsumugi looks at me surprised and confused, "W-What are you doing?! I thought you didn't want me to destroy this place!" she says, making me smirk some. "Of course I don't...not unless your in here...~" I say, with a slight laugh, "Your going down...even if it means I go down with you~"

She laughs some, "You really are a protagonist...~" she says with a grin.

Kokichi's POV:

Why...why would you do this...? We were gonna make it out of here together...I cry some, making Maki roll her eyes, "Get ahold of yourself Kokichi...he'll make it..." she says reassuringly. I look down some, "I hope so..." I say, leaning my head on her chest as she continues to walk around. She looks down at me, sighing a bit, "Just believe in him Kokichi...I'm sure that's what he wants...~" Maki says with a slight smile. My eyes widen some. Believe...in him...like young Shuichi believed in me...I smile some and look up at her, "Your right...I'll believe in him...~" I say, making Himiko giggle some. I blush and look away, making her giggle more. I sigh some. My personality really has changed some since becoming Shuichi...I don't mind though...~

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I see Kiibo fly towards us. I was hoping Shuichi would be with him, but he's not..."Where's Shuichi...?" I ask him, feeling concerned. "He's still taking care of Tsumugi..." he prepares his weapon to shoot the wall, "I have to get you guys out of here quickly..." he says, making my eyes widen. He's...gonna shoot the wall?! He'll destroy the building if he does...

"W-Wait Kiibo! You'll make the building collapse!" I say, making him look down at me. "It'll be okay Kokichi...~" he says as he looks back up and shoots it, making us a path to leave the room. Some rubble fell, but not a lot. We all go through the path, but I look back behind Maki. Shuichi...

For a while Kiibo continued making paths, deactivating some bombs we found, until we finally reached daylight. All of us headed out of the building, Himiko cheerfully spinning around, "We did it~!" she says with a bright smile. Maki carefully sits me against a large rock, "We did, but we still have to get passed the barrier...there's...Shuichi too..." she says as she looks at me. "Yea, but...like you said...we just have to-" I'm interrupted when a loud boom comes from the building. We all looked at the building shocked. N-No...the bombs are going off...I start to get upset, "S-Shuichi!" I say starting to tear up.

Kiibo looks at me, then back at the building, "I'll get him." he says as he flys off, my eyes widening as he leaves. Kiibo...he's...gonna try and save him...~ I smile some. He really is an awesome robot...~ I feel bad for making fun of him in the beginning...he's honestly really cool...~ Despite him being awfully innocent...

While waiting I watch from afar as bombs continuously go off, making me more worried. What if...he doesn't come back...I...I don't know what I'd do if...I lost Shuichi. I nearly lost him once...I don't want to lose him again. Maki kneels down, putting a hand on my shoulder, "It'll be okay...he'll come back...~" she says, making me tear up some. "What if he doesn't...I...don't want to be alone again..." I say, my voice cracking as I do.

Maki sighs some and hugs me, shocking me a little since...this is something she would never do, "You won't be alone...you have me..." she says as Himiko comes and hugs me from the other side, "Himiko too...were your friends...~" Maki says, making tears roll down my face. "Maki...Himiko..." I hug them both back with a smile, "Thank you...~" I say, making them both smile. They...are my friends...~ I spent all that time with Maki as Shuichi...and comforted Himiko when she lost Angie and Tenko. I...really have gotten pretty close to them...~

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I see Kiibo flying over with...Shuichi! I'm so happy to see him, but he...doesn't look okay. As Kiibo lands he sets down Shuichi, making me quickly crawl over to him. I don't care if my back hurts...I have to see him.

"S-Shuichi...?" I look down at him to see...a bunch of cuts and bruises. It looks like...one of his legs is broken too..."Shuichi...wake up..." I say, putting a hand on his face. I look at his chest to see that he's breathing some, but unconscious. I release a breath and smile some, "He's...alive...~" I lay my head carefully against his, tearing up some. He did it...~ Though...he still needs medical attention if he's gonna make it...I look up at the barrier. "We need to break down that barrier somehow..." I say, feeling concerned.

Kiibo looks at us, then back down. "I'll take care of it..." he says in a serious tone, pressing a button on his chest before getting ready to fly off. When I realize what he's doing I feel tears run down my face, mostly because I know I can't stop him, "Kiibo....Thank you...and...I'm sorry..." I say, making him turn towards me, smiling warmly.

Kiibo looks at us all with a smile, "Goodbye everyone...thank you guys for...being my friends...~" he says as he turns back around and flys towards the barrier.